Exit

Sort by Type in Bins

Engaged ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While we're on the topic of bins, I see this has been discussed before: 

MisterAdvent_0-1720632370092.png

My recent problem was, I opened a project that hadn't been used for a while, and it had several sequences scattered within several bins, so I was looking for a particular one. I had no way to find the sequence other than to look carefully at the little icon in the corner of a clip in tile view or as the identifier in list view. Took forever, especially since my bifocals can't distinguish those tiny icons easily.

In list view, Just put the type icon in a "type" column and allow that to be sorted by clicking the column header.  That will group all the item types together and the sequences would be all grouped where they could be found.

In tile view, add "sequence" to the list of  items that can be searched for.

And the other older discussions are good to review too.

TOPICS
Feature request , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MisterAdvent,

Yep, you already mentioned our current recommended approach: In Metadata Display,  add the "Media Type" field to the Project panel view, then sort by Media Type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at that, it works.  But it's not intuitive at all!!!  I suggest adding Media Type as a default in list view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I discovered it works, but it doesn't stick.  How do you make that change follow to other projects?  Will that save with a workspace setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

think metadata display settings are specific to projects, but you can save and load sets, from within the Metadata Display dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources