• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speech to Text Transcription

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have projects that contain hours of speech. Every time I open Premiere Beta it does speech to text transcriptions even though I already let Premiere complete the process and even though I have not added any video to the project. The process takes a long time. And, even though it's happening in the background, when I'm in my timeline, my video playback will hesitate for about 10 to 20 seconds every time I hit the play button. I have to stop the transcription process every time I open a Premiere project.

TOPICS
Bug , Feedback , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Beta, there are both clip and sequence transcriptions. I would first turn OFF "Automatically transcribe clips."

Does that stop the transcribing?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you turn OFF "Automatic transcription" it stops transcribing clips automatically and if you to transcribe it you can transcribe it manually.

Thanks,

Suraj Shinde

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Suraj5EBF,

Thanks.

Right. And I personally have not had any issues with the automatic transcription. I have turned it off from time to time for testing. Sometimes, manual transcription does not present the dialogue for options, such as which audio track to use. I'm not sure when this happens.

I love how this is progressing.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I have auto transcription on, it will re-transcribe every video every time I open Premiere Beta. If I have it off, I lose all my transcriptions when I close Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources