• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The properties of the video on the Timeline are missing

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did the PROPERTIES item in Adobe Premiere BETA go?
Снимок экрана 2024-06-05 в 12.00.04.pngСнимок экрана 2024-06-05 в 12.01.42.png

TOPICS
Performance , Question

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2024 Jun 05, 2024

Hi Stan.

This removal was intentional. The track item context menu is way too long, and the use of the Media File Properties is low. Having it in both menus was judged redundant, and making that menu short enough to display on a standard laptop is a goal.

Mike

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

FYI. FIle menu> Get Media File Properties for > Selection is now enabled for Timeline clips along with the shortcut, as of 24.6 beta build 040 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

properties.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The properties of the selected video are not active:(

Снимок экрана 2024-06-05 в 16.45.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You select multiple clips or the sequence from the Project Window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One clip in the Timeline window
Снимок экрана 2024-06-06 в 12.40.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI. FIle menu> Get Media File Properties for > Selection is now enabled for Timeline clips along with the shortcut, as of 24.6 beta build 040 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trent Happel 

If you use the option Selection it opens all properties of those clips in the timeline you selected but

Is there a way to close them all at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directly, I don't think so. A possible workaround is to go to Window menu > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout. Just make sure you did not save your Workspace with the Properties panels open. A little wonky I admit, but it will close all the Properties panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in PR Beta 24.6.0.8 comparing to PR 24.41.

There are differences in function, and in the naming: "Properties" is now called "Media File Properties" and is missing from the right-click (context) menu in the Timeline. It is present for Project Panel selections, but, as the current Release version, only for single selections.

The current release allows selecting one or more clips (in Timeline) and using Right-Click -> Properties to get a properties window for each clip. You can also get the same result by selecting one or more clips in the Timeline, or one or more clips or sequences in the Project Panel and using File -> Get Properties for -> Selection.

You can only do this in the Beta, as Ann shows, from the Project Panel.

@Trent Happel Would you pass on to the right people. I assume the intent was to change names and keep all functionality.

Also needed is a way to close all properties windows at once. It appears to require closing them one at a time.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. I have passed this on to the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stan.

This removal was intentional. The track item context menu is way too long, and the use of the Media File Properties is low. Having it in both menus was judged redundant, and making that menu short enough to display on a standard laptop is a goal.

Mike

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Return the PROPERTIES of the video clip to the Timeline. I've always watched the Clip Properties with the 6-key shortcut by highlighting the video on the Timeline. The shortcut key is now inactive:(
Снимок экрана 2024-06-06 в 12.40.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EDBARSS,

Given Mike's response, I'd look for a workaround. For example, add a shortcut for "Reveal in Project" - I used Ctrl+J. Then, select the clip you want in the timeline, Ctrl+J (selects the clip in the Project Panel), then Ctrl+Shft+H (the already assigned shortcut for "Get Media Properties Selection").

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also may be wrong. That's why we have the beta to try out these changes. The disablement but not removal of the File->Get Media File Properties for->Selection was unintentional. Either we should enable it or remove it. We'll talk internally and come to an answer.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike-Berry,

I appreciate the information and transparency.

At first, it seems easy: just use more sub-menus (Frame Size -> Scale to vs Set to) or several sorta-related as a type of overflow submenu. But I can just picture the angst over a favorite that is no longer there. The shortcuts would still work....

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious how this would work for people using productions where the media isn't in the working project. Would I need to reveal in project(which would open up a massive project file with tons of media) to check the properties of a clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about making the context menus customizable like project metadata or workspaces? There are many options I rarely use. OR... please remember I don't program or develop software but, for example, why gray out ripple delete while one clip is selected? Why not remove the option from that context menu if the function is unusable?  Maybe that's not possible or would confuse people...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jenniferh85122782 

Ripple delete in the context menu is not unusable, often use it.

[edited]

AnnBens_0-1719527634765.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
50m ago 50m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so stupid!!! You get us used to working one way then you yank the rug out from beneath us to make us figure out a different way of working??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
38m ago 38m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPro beta is where we test new features, which will always involve different ways of working.

These discussions are your opportunity to inform and influence our decisions with thoughtful, specific feedback about why those changes do, or don't, help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
35m ago 35m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here's my feedback, change it back to the way it was! And I'm not using the beta version, I'm on 24.5. So stop experimenting on us and let us get back to work the way we know how! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
39m ago 39m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change it back!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<The track item context menu is way too long>>

I agree with this... that context menu makes it hard to locate the item you want. And there is a lack of consistency with where the items are compared to other menus. Like "Properties" it's low on the timeline menu (which is 'near' where it is essentially on most Windows menus at the bottom. (Right-click an icon or a file in Windows)). But on the Project context menu (an equally LONGish menu itself) Properties is in the top section. That really makes things harder to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2024 Jun 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Common context items should be in the same place on each context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, this is a very bad decision in the state as it is now. I understand that it may have been rarely used, and I myself rarely use it, but there are times where it is crucial for me to know something quickly about a particular clip. As it stands now, it looks like I am not able to approach the properties of a particular clip at all without doing 2-3 additional steps which is very annoying because before it was just two clicks and I already knew everything. If it has to be in this form, at least do something so that when selecting a clip on the timeline I can call up the properties with a shortcut. Because the current form is very slow because first I have to find the clip in the project then call it with a shortcut, this is an unnecessary addition of extra steps to a simple action that may not be used too often but when it is used it gives quite important information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources