• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcript "No Dialogue Found" Error

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two sequences that both have audio tracks in from some interviews. When I go to transcribe for text editing, it say there was no dialogue found. 

TOPICS
Bug , Error , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Timur28947654rooy,

I think I was sleeping, lol.

Yes, the new workflow has powerful options, but even old methods that still work the same old way seem different. And much is not intuitive.

The relatively new "import corrected" is very cool.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped but did not solve the problem of clips that have 1 empty track of 4. I have tried all the suggestions posted here and still get the error. For the moment I am editing the clip to a sequence and from there I can transcribe it, but od course that is a different workflow which does not allow editing text to edit video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rubén_Abruña,

I think you are dealing with the issue addressed in my feature request here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-ideas/audio-track-selection-for-source-media-transcripti...

See that for workarounds, particularly #2.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. It seems like every time Adobe updates anything it jsut screws up something that worked perfectly fine in the first place. Transcribe was terrific now I get this no dialogue found and who the hell knows where the additional languages went? All of this idiotic troubleshooting we have to do is a termendous waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a workaround for clips that have many dead audio channels within the file and seems to throw this error on the transcription. in the window>text captions tab, click transcribe and creat captions and that will bring up a separate window that seems to force the transcripion of the entire mix. There's a dropdown for the audio channels. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

michael,

Thanks; I had not noticed this before. As discussed, the error comes from trying to run a source media transcription on a file with no audio on audio track 1.

And if you just want captions (and not to use source media transcription for editing or other purposes), select the sequence, then the Text Panel -> Transcript tab, and the 3 dots menu has "Create static transcription." This creates a transcript of the sequence, and you can then create captions from that.

What you discovered is that if you have the clip in a sequence, and there is no source nor sequence transcript, you can use that Create Captions button to create both a sequence transcription and captions in one command. And a sequence transcription allows specifying audio track options.

If you want to use the sequence transcript for editing, you can nest that sequence as described in this link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-bugs/text-based-editing-doesn-t-work-with-multiple-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. After last update. Still full of bugs. This is insane. Adobe needs to start firing people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Orf,

The "dialogue not found" in the latest release version (23.4.0) and Beta (23.6.0 Build 18 - you're in the Beta forum) is generally due to mismatch between source media vs sequence transcription and audio track settings - source transcription will only look at audio track 1.

If you want to look at this further, screenshots would help.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it magiclly works now. 

Im happy to delete my posts not to raise a storm. not sure how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... 

I dont want to be a downer but adobe really dropped the ball on this one.

I now need to pay to transcribe my content, plus manage this challenge and fustration.

It would be appriciated to be reinbursed for my trouble 🙂

Fells like class action situation. hope they dont get hit too hard for this bug.

with love

Yonatan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2023-06-11 at 10.34.28 AM.png

This is what I'm looking at spending to work around this.

very sad day.

If you can promise to refund me I can pay for this now and just move on with my life, no hard feelings.

adobehelp Please advise asap 

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found out what the problem is. Again it's a an unnessary hassle that Adobe created in one of the recent upgrades. You need to click on "..." top right of hte text pannel and then chose static transcript. When the original release of transcribe was released other languages were easily accessable, but in their genius to make things as difficult as possible they hid that function too. It can be accessed by selecting the blue drop down arrow after selecting static transcript.

More here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/speech-to-text.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources