• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Rush crashing on iphone with iOS 17.1

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a critical error exporting videos on iphone 15 running ios 17.1. Apple has confirmed not a device problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the adobe rush app. While editting a project the "scrub" lags a lot. On export, I get some progress and then the whole app crashes. What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Hello Community,

I can report that the update for Rush is now available for download. I appreciate all your posts and upvotes. Your messages have helped the team priortize this fix, so thank you! On behalf of Adobe, I apologize for this situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Seems to be a file format incompatibility. I changed Camera Settings, Formats to Most Compatible. This may limit Cinematic, 4K at 60FPS and HDR video, so really needs Adobe to allow these formats. I have adjusted and use other apps for some projects

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 346 Replies 346
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Community please upvote so that adobe responds. This is a terrible issue for those of us experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jason33264909r33c,

Sorry for the bug. There is a fix for export and crashing while working. Have you updated yet?

While editting a project the "scrub" lags a lot.

By @Jason33264909r33c

I believe that what you described may still be an issue. Please upvote here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush-discussions/performance-last-update-ios-17-1-2-new-rush...

It appears that updated projects are also still experiencing the bug. I have let the team know about that. Thanks again for your post. The upvotes and traffic here helped push the fix. Now, I hope we can get a fix for the performance issue. Upvote!

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, crashing while editing is really terrible experience 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael33377931t84u,

Have you updated yet? Let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Premiere Rush forum by Moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, @Michael33377931t84u@Jason33264909r33c, and @wolfgangv54165901. I have let the product team know about this issue that is affecting multiple editors. Thanks for reporting.

Bug: Crashing and Export Issues on Rush running on iOS 17.1 using HEVC video.

Solution: Update Rush.

I apologize for this situation.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being a jerk , but the only work around is to roll back IOS which is normally an update for security reasons. So we're paying for an app that crashes so many times that it makes you give up without finishing the assignment. 🤯🤯🤯🤯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a good customer service to say : " there is no solution" . I am paying an expensive subscription to you to find the solution immediately😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Massive issues editing on iPhone 14 Pro Max running ios17 and plenty of memory. I have restarted the phone, closed all other apps, and even reinstalled the Rush app. 
All of my other videos on previous iOS versions were done with premiere rush so moving to another platform would be a big difference in consistency. Please fix 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues on my iPhone 15 as well: Deleted and reinstalled the app, did a hard reset of my phone, exported in airplane mode, IOS is up-to-date, tried exporting with different framerates and resolution settings, etc. All videos are recorded on my phone in 4k (some 30fps, and some 60fps...none are cinematic mode), with some transitions, images, and sped up videos. Even duplicated to a new sequence to do a trial and error analysis to see if certain videos in my timeline were the issue, but the export/rendering issue still persists regardless of what's in this project. Tried syncing the project and opening Rush on my laptop, which leads to a blank black screen when I try and open the project (I'm guessing these are unrelated but equally frustrating issues). Premiere Pro wouldn't even open the project, so I'm trying the sync again (fingers crossed). For now, exporting from my laptop appears to not be an option. I really hope this gets expedited and sorted out, becuase it makes Rush virtually useless, and I really don't want to start over on something like CapCut or iMovie 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just about to write a post about this issue.

Same problem here: considerable lagging during editing, and export crashes the app.

Last night, I was flying with the editing and export, but from this morning and all day till now, I am struggling even to cut a clip.
I updated my IOS 17.1.1 on my iPad Pro yesterday morning, but I had no problem yesterday. It's only today. ...go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I checked with my iPhone 15 pro, and rush it's working perfectly because I still have the IOS 17.0.3 installed. But in the iPad with IOS 17.1.1 crashes continuously. 
maybe it could helpful for the tech guys. Cheers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super valuable info from you, @Raf-nx - you rock! I will tell them and upvote your reply to the thread. Others on the thread should do the same. I'll move other discussions about the iOS 17  issue here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm it happens since doing an iphone-update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush has been crashing since I update to iOS I17. 
To be honest, Rush is not my favorite app. It need a lot of improvement, and now crashing? I can't edit my videos anymore. It just doesn't work.

Anyone experiencing the same? 
I tried deleting the app and installing it again. It just doesn't work. 
It is frustrating.

Please help!!!

many thanks in advance.

sabrina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sabrina34091914acma,

Please try updating Rush. I hope that works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it 10x.. I'm only posting this message because I tried it all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabrina...mine not working either even with the update...and delete and
re-doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to be an issue on my old IPad but on this newer one I haven't had the crash issue at all until recently. It is awful. Every time I try to import Graphics it crashes. Every time I try to playback and watch the transitions it crashes. I have a brand new IPad Pro max Ram because i use this for work. I have been trying for the past hour to make a 10 minute video to which I haven't been able to get more than one minute edited because of constant crashes. Please fix this issue. I dont use desktop or Mac versions I use the IPad only so please tell me what do to. I have tried desync from the cloud and I have tried not using cellular data and it still freezes and crashes completely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alishaa51386879,

I read your note. Have you tried updating Rush? There is a recent update that fixes such issues. Try it and let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not understand that the update did not fix the problem? Crashes immediately still.

Mod note: Edited. Please abide by Adobe Community Guidelines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Derek33588264pcds,

Sorry that the fix didn't work for everyone. However, some people haven't even tried the update. I'm trying to make sure people at least try it.

It is working for most people. I'm trying to find out why some, like yourself, are still having trouble. 

Again, I'm not a dev. I'm in support and am your advocate. I'm trying very hard to help.

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derek, the same was happening and now Rush is somehow working with fewer crashing episodes.

I hope it works for you too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines