• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Rush crashing on iphone with iOS 17.1

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a critical error exporting videos on iphone 15 running ios 17.1. Apple has confirmed not a device problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the adobe rush app. While editting a project the "scrub" lags a lot. On export, I get some progress and then the whole app crashes. What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Hello Community,

I can report that the update for Rush is now available for download. I appreciate all your posts and upvotes. Your messages have helped the team priortize this fix, so thank you! On behalf of Adobe, I apologize for this situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Seems to be a file format incompatibility. I changed Camera Settings, Formats to Most Compatible. This may limit Cinematic, 4K at 60FPS and HDR video, so really needs Adobe to allow these formats. I have adjusted and use other apps for some projects

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 346 Replies 346
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush still crashed all the time I try to use it. This issues there since end of november!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After browsing here I'm not the only one with issues editing and then rendering and then going back in to find a corrupt file the next day, spoken to support and they directed me here, are the problems sorted I don't want to make another video for it not to export at the end?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My RU app keeps closing during export and won't complete export. Any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on Iphone 15 PRO, doesnt matter if the video is normal or cinema mode, allways crash when trying to export!! Please we need a fix to this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated to iOS 17, rush has not been the same. It crashes every time I open it. Please release an update to fix this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing this too, I decided to try and reinstall but failed to click sync on a few files and lost a lot of work. Gutted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush crashes every second, even after the crash fix! Not working on IMac Mini, IPhone 15Pro Max, Samsung Fold V5! How can anyone run a channel with this! I want a refund and am going over to Splice! Can't believe I have to even consider splice but at least it works! No scrub lag and no crashing during editing and during rendering the final edits! Sort it out Adobe!!

Mod note: Edited for content. Please abide by Adobe guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how about we talk about freedom of speech! Your product sucks and we are paying for it! Your update fixed nothing!!

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been posting about it for weeks and they don't do anything about it. Update fixed nothing Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @patrick340410818fg1,

I read that the update did not fix your issue. Sorry about that. Let the community know about what is going on with your project. Are you still not able to export? Are you crashing as you work? See if the same behavior happens with a new project. I hope we can help you.

FYI: This is s user to user forum with not much interaction with the product team. 

Regarding your posts being moderated. Please abide by Adobe Community Guidelines. Please send me a PM if you have further questions about your posts. I apologize for the frustration on this situation. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its day 14 without any solution for adope rash mobile..

the all crashing every single minute i cant make any edits unfortunately my work is freezing... i had issues with my clients...

2- the all app is crashing every time i try too render anyvideo. + i tried to render a 9 sec video and it wont😂😂

10 days without getting the advantage of my subscription!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating Rush yet, @default332lme7kbgh6? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will find I said, Even the update crashes just the same one every pice of top end kit I’ve tried it on!

Best Regards

Patrick Marsh

Mod note: Edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PatRick,

I read your message. This thread is about the iOS bug (export/crashing while working) that was introduced in iOS 17.1. The bug fix addressed that issue.

If you have other issues, or the fix did not stop export or crashing issues, kindly create a new post with full details about your system and media. Hopefully, we can get some upvotes from others experiencing similar problems so that any other bugs can also be fixed.

Edit: An editor indicates that the bug still occurs on updated projects, but not on new ones. Could that be the issue? Let us know.

Another user posted their experience with the fix here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush-discussions/performance-last-update-ios-17-1-2-new-rush.... Is this what you are experiencing now too?

Again, this is a user to user forum. Though, I'll gladly pass along your message, the Adobe Rush engineering team does not read these threads. I'm just one of the support people and moderators here. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Kevin-Monahan , thanks for all your help in being a voice for us here. A few of us have been trying to say that even with the Rush 2.9 update, we're still experiencing the same issue. It didn't resolve the problem for us, and the app is still crashing during the export 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adam, I've been a part of this since the original posters (as a Rush user), and I'd like to echo your sentiment, and also ask if Kevin can provide us a means to directly send complaint emails or messsges to Adobe ourselves, rather than via the third-party.

I'm sure a barrage of emails and communications from unhappy paying customers would swiftly rectify the situation.

Cheers

Keithy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Keithy W that would be helpful. I also followed Kevin's advice to the previous user and started a new community discussion. If you're interested in echoing the sentiment there, the link is here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush-discussions/rush-2-9-update-did-not-fix-export-issue/m-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Keithy W,

Thanks for the note.

if Kevin can provide us a means to directly send complaint emails or messsges to Adobe ourselves, rather than via the third-party.

I work for Adobe. I think you mean for the devs themselves. Sorry, Adobe does not provide any means of contacting Rush devs directly. I can pass along any messages.

Upvotes (and impassioned advocacy from Adobe employees like yours truly) are the things that drove this last update. If the community can continue to upvote other bugs, they will have priority, as well.

Calm and measured posts containing reproducible steps for errors and detailed info about the system/device and media are the things the team is looking for and is easiest for me to pass along to them. I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Kevin-Monahan 

After updating the app, I'm still experiencing crashing during editing and viewing video clips on Rush. 

I did update the app. I'm using an iPhone Pro 12 and iOS 7.1.2. 

Seems like I'm not alone with this even after the update. So if anyone has found a work around or any word on Adobe addressing the persistent issue, that would be ideal. I use this for work and would much rather stick to Adobe than switch all my projects to another video editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DMark25,

Thanks for the message.

Hey @Kevin-Monahan 

After updating the app, I'm still experiencing crashing during editing and viewing video clips on Rush. 

Please read through this thread and let me know if it describes what you're experiencing. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush-discussions/performance-last-update-ios-17-1-2-new-rush...

If so, please upvote. If not, let me know more details about your media. Is it HEVC? Let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Community,

I understand that several editors here are indicating that the bug fix did not work for them. I am so sorry if you are still experiencing crashing while working or are unable to export. Those stability issues should be fixed in the recent update.

If you are still experiencing these bugs, it has been reported that they might be persisiting in updated projects, while new projects do not have the issues. EDIT: Developers do not think that this should be the case, however.

In a companion thread, an editor indicates that the stability fixes are working, but a different issue has arisen; a performance issue, which is as follows: When starting playback, it can take a second or two for playback to start, and then playback may stutter briefly before catching up. If that is the case: Please upvote the following bug report. This appears to be a separate issue which started in Rush on devices running iOS 17.1, or later. I hope the info helps clarify the situation.

I appreciate all who have been contributing to this thread.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video clips were in HEVC but converted them to H.264 yet still having intense lagging and skipping while editing. However, it isn't crashing anymore which is progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush still not working perfectly and it is not uploading certain file extensions, but it is not crashing the way it was.

ad you said, it is progress! 
still, the app needs a newer version not only to fix the bugs but to more intuned with the app evolution that it's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have an iPhone 11 Pro. Premiere rush was terrific until the last few weeks or so. Now it can't even manage to export a 12 second video - nothing fancy here, no transitions, titles, etc. I'm checking for updates regularly. Any idea when it'll be fixed? Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Lu33978121ojh4,

A couple of the main bugs were fixed in a recent update. See if that helps your case. Sure hope so!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines