• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Rush crashing on iphone with iOS 17.1

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a critical error exporting videos on iphone 15 running ios 17.1. Apple has confirmed not a device problem. I have deleted and reinstalled the adobe rush app. While editting a project the "scrub" lags a lot. On export, I get some progress and then the whole app crashes. What is the problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Hello Community,

I can report that the update for Rush is now available for download. I appreciate all your posts and upvotes. Your messages have helped the team priortize this fix, so thank you! On behalf of Adobe, I apologize for this situation.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Seems to be a file format incompatibility. I changed Camera Settings, Formats to Most Compatible. This may limit Cinematic, 4K at 60FPS and HDR video, so really needs Adobe to allow these formats. I have adjusted and use other apps for some projects

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 346 Replies 346
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your workaround, @Keithy W.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin,

Do you have some info or a timeline on a fix for this? I can't be having to do this for every video I make. I'd no sooner go to another program.

Cheers

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Keith @Keithy W,

I informed the team. I'll bump the message internally once more. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate, much appreciated 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11 days ago you referred this issue to team but still have the same issue . Any progress? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fix now @MEGA DRONE. Have you updated yet?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

First let me say I have really enjoyed using Adobe Premier Rush on my iPhone 11 with 65GB, the quality, performance and functionality of the app was amazing! I liked it so much I purchased the monthly subscription to support the app and get the additional features!

Unfortunately, after upgrading to ios 17.1.1 the app struggles to perform, scrubbing through the time line is no longer the smooth and efficient task it once was, the app seems to crash indiscriminately while using it, exporting the project is no longer the seamless task previously enjoyed and trusted.

I have tried, freeing up space, rebooting the device, removing recently installed apps, faster wireless connections, and even a newer iPhone 13 with 128GB to no avail!

Please let me know if there are any other adjustments or workarounds I could implement to allow the app to work as wonderfully and reliably as it did before I made the mistake of upgrading to ios 17.

Thank you for attention in this matter,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rainbow Tortoise 

I don't think you can do anything; this is a software problem. I have the same issue with my iPad with IOS17.1.1, while Rush still works great on my iPhone because I haven't updated the IOS yet.
I also noticed other apps on my iPad are playing funny, like Gmail; it keeps giving me an error every time I try to refresh the mail; luckily, I have the phone to access my email.
I think Apple messed something up with the 17.1.1, so wait until Apple fixes the iOS or the other developer and Rush to find a solution around it.
Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting on how other apps are behaving under iOS 17.1. Interesting. Is it possible to roll back the version of iOS on your iPad? Let me know if it works again.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i noticed that PR keeps crashing when working on a project. Videos taken on iPhone 13 Pro Max. Trying to cut a part of the video out, after zooming in on the clip to pinpoint exactly where i want to cut. App crashes, after trying about 4 times i was able to and then when trying to save and export it crashes. Keeps happening over and over, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @StreetiKonz_Dina,

Are you on iOS 17.1.?

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS 17.1.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. If possible, roll back to an earlier version of iOS. Let me know if it works again.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to iOS 17.2 Beta and the application is working as it should. I was able to edit and render, save to my iOS photos and I was able to share to all social media sites. Apple should be releasing iOS 17.2 to the general public within the next week or so.

Mod note: Edited for content. Clarity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very frustrating.

i have a video due for class and it wouldn't stop crashing and so I gave up and decided to take it to another program and it won't render. This program truly sucks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Jack33099345t5q9,

I read your message. You wrote that you are crashing and can't render on your iPad. Is that right? Others have written in indicating that iOS v. 17.1 has been acting faulty with Rush. Until the product team can fix the issue, my advice is to roll back your version of iOS to a previous one.

On behalf of the team, I apologize for this terrible user experience. I will move this thread to the main one discussing the issue. Please upvote there, if you have time.

Take care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the fix is Adobe does nothing to remedy the issue as always and tells you to uninstall the latest ios and reinstall a previous version. Quite laughable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all I have right now, @Derek33588264pcds. Sorry about that. Take care.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Derek33588264pcds,

Have you tried updating Rush yet? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing tons of app crashing on the mobile version of Rush? I have soft reset phone, closed all other apps and I have plenty of storage but app lately has been crashing several times during edits. So annoying 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Weilyum C,

Can we have more info about your device and media? I hope we can assist you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! The device is an iPhone 14 Pro Max with 500GB storage. I currently have 245GB of available storage. It's current on software 17.1.1 
I checked the app, it's up to date. I even cleared some projects out of the storage. I have plenty of storage space on the Adobe cloud and the projects weren't on the cloud but using phone storage because I have so much. The media is video footage shot on the iPhone. Over the past week it's been crashing while editing and I have to restart the app. Yesterday I had to restart constantly to finish edits. When trying to export it consistently crashed. I screen recorded my experience if that helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well. I babied the crap out of it giving it lots of time to process my changes and had a 3 minute clip ready to render and of course it gets a few percentage points through the process and crashes over and over again. Adobe, please make sure this app is compatible with the newest version of iOS. This is getting frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Weilyum C, Hi @Chris33688691hu2n,

If possible, try rolling back your version of iOS to an earlier version. Did that help?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple is no longer signing 17.1.0 they are on 17.1.1 this is not a beta. I believe PR needs to be updated to work on 17.1.1 and the bug it had must be found and fixed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines