• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Rush Unsupported Compression type.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Rush has been giving me a problem where when I go to import a .mp4 file from my GoPro it says unsupported compression type. Wondering how I can fix this. Thanks for any advice you can give. 

[Moving from generic Start/Help forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Hi @Billy4130,

Thanks for your post. What you might try is importing the file into the free app, Shutter Encoder, and then resaving it as an .mp4 or as ProRes LT. Shutter Encoder is the "Swiss Army Knife" of video transcoding applications. I use it all the time for such issues. Try it and report back. I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Welcome to the Premiere Rush community. Could you share more info with us to understand it better?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and looking at this thread it has not been resolved??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez, this still hasn't been resolved after so many years??

I'm encountering this with 2 .mp4 files I'm trying merge then split in adobe rush version 2.8.0 (build 8) using Windows 10.0.19042 build 19042 on a Dell laptop. No fixes I found online (changing folder locations, changing file type to .mts and .avi, etc). What gives??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeez, this still hasn't been resolved after so many years??

I'm encountering this with 2 .mp4 files I'm trying merge then split in adobe rush version 2.8.0 (build 8) using Windows 10.0.19042 build 19042 on a Dell laptop. No fixes work that I found online (changing folder locations, changing file type to .mts and .avi, etc). What gives??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Roguel!

What OS are you on – Mac or Windows? I understand it's an .MP4 file, but do you know what codec it is? Supported .MP4 codecs are listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/import-footage.html#file-format-support

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows. I do not know the codec. I just don't understand because I have imported and edited footage from my GoPro before.  Also, I would have replied to this sooner but I didn't get a notification from Adobe at all that someone had replied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I downloaded version 1.2.12 and it let me import. Weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share your files so that we can test at our end? You can Dropbox or Goole Drive and send us the download link.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am having the same issue. Can I share my video with you? Do you have an email I can send it to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. Running Rush v.1.5.62 and importing .MP4 files. Didn't have this issue before the most recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue importing unedited MP4 files from a Canon R5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Rush is on my PC, trying to work with files created on my Pixel 6. This should be frictionless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Can't import .mp4. I didn't know .mp4 is so exotic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also encountered this error when importing MP4 videos from an Autel Evo Pro 2 drone, to Premiere Rush for the first time this evening...any fixes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Billy4130,

Thanks for your post. What you might try is importing the file into the free app, Shutter Encoder, and then resaving it as an .mp4 or as ProRes LT. Shutter Encoder is the "Swiss Army Knife" of video transcoding applications. I use it all the time for such issues. Try it and report back. I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wound up using the Handbrake app as I saw mentioned elsewhere here and re-encoded the videos, and it then allowed me to import them. Kind of a frustrating second step and time to burn processing the video though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines