• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I move/delete camera roll media used in premiere rush app project?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a couple of projects within the Premiere Rush App on my phone. My phone is now out of storage and I want to delete and/or move some of the video files within the camera roll: some of these video files are the ones included in my premiere rush projects. What will happen to the projects if I delete/move these videos? Can I still be able to make edits in the projects? Where does Premiere Rush save all the media used within its projects? Hope you can help - Thank you! 

TOPICS
Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Hello! 

Yes, you can delete your clips within your Camera Roll. When you create a Rush project with media in your Camera Roll, a copy of the media is placed into a specific folder (called a sandbox). As long as you do not delete the Rush app, the project and media will be saved. 

All the best, 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

Yes, you can delete your clips within your Camera Roll. When you create a Rush project with media in your Camera Roll, a copy of the media is placed into a specific folder (called a sandbox). As long as you do not delete the Rush app, the project and media will be saved. 

All the best, 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your reply! Sounds great - what if I delete the app, can I still be able to edit these project on my computer? And what if i move the camera roll files onto my computer, can i then "route" Premiere Rush, to find the missing media?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>what if I delete the app, can I still be able to edit these project on my computer?

what if I delete the app, can I still be able to edit these project on my computer? 

Yes, you can if your project is synced to the Creative Cloud. Before deleting your project, I would confirm your project is available on your desktop or another device. And when you delete on your iOS device, select "Delete from device". 

And what if i move the camera roll files onto my computer, can i then "route" Premiere Rush, to find the missing media?

Yes, this works as well. You can right-click on your clip and use the finder to select and reconnect your media. 

Feel free to come back with any questions. 

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, once again thank you for the quick reply. I've just started to sync a project. One of the projects was synced earlier this week and afterwards I made some edits on my phone, but now when I open the project on my desktop these new edits are not showing on the desktop. On the app it has the desktop/cloud logo on the project and it only gives me the option to 'turn sync off'. Why is it not syncing the latest edits to my desktop? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I meant it it's the *phone/cloud logo showing in the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, once again thank you for the quick reply. I've just started to sync a project. One of the projects was synced earlier this week and afterwards I made some edits on my phone, but now when I open the project on my desktop these new edits are not showing on the desktop.

I would try to reopen the project on your iOS device, make sure all the sync progress icon shows that the sync was complete (it's a blue circular icon within the project). 

If it still does not sync correctly, you can try turning off sync from your iOS device, and then re-enabling sync. 

On the app it has the desktop/cloud logo on the project and it only gives me the option to 'turn sync off'. 

Synced projects are always available on the desktop. If you turn off sync from Desktop, you will only see the "Turn off sync" option. If you turn off sync from your iOS device, "Turn off sync" and "Delete from device". You want to select "Delete from device" to free up space on your phone. Just make sure your project is on your desktop computer first 😉  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I have now tried what you suggested, the project on my phone app said 'sync complete' and the blue circle is no longer there, but the project is not showing up on the desktop app. What do you suggest I do now? 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines