Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorted and Stretched Clips in Premiere Rush

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have been creating a series of videos and just before I exported my final project I noticed that the video has distorted and stretched horiztonally. It has happened to every clip in my timeline. 

I have cleared the cache, upated all the software etc. Has anyone else had this happen and can anyone advise of a solution please? I am using: Dell G5 SE gaming laptop with 16GB of ram and a processor: AMD Ryzen 9 4900H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz.

Here is a photo showing how stretched the presenter is:

Any help will be appreicated as I have been paid to make these videos and they are unhappy with the stretched look and I will probably have to make the entire sequence again. 

distorted video.PNG

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Export , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Pattern Poole 

I haven't seen this issue before.

• Can you tell us what the resolution (dimensions) of the source clips are? 
  • Does this issue occur in all projects and with all media or is it specific to this project and media? 
  • Can you try the following. If the first option does not help, proceed to the following  
    • Open the project > Go to the View menu > Disable "Use Optimized Clips"
    • Open the project > Open the Edit menu > Select Preferences > Disable "Hardware acceleration" > Restart Rush

Thanks,

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.
I tried those steps however, it didn't work sorry,

My clips are in 1080 x 1920 MP4 files.
I think what has happened is when I was editing I changed the file name
where all my source clips were without thinking. It has happened to me a
few times in the past and I think that is the reason.

Thanks for your help!
Alaura

--

[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and I even made sure my original clip is back in the folder it was in when I first started the project, and that the name of the original file is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just found something that worked for me...I thought I had originally had the clips on my Desktop, but apparently I had them in a different folder on my desktop. Once I got the original clips into the Folder they had been in when I started the project, and restarted Premiere Rush, then the clips in my timeline were the proper proportions (not stretched) again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seconding @Jewel24828587ldg0 's reply: my issue was that the original clips had been uploaded to iCloud and were no longer present on my mac. So essentially the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what can be done when you actually want to move the original files to another location? Anyone have info on how to do this without distorting the clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First video I made, good. After that haven't been able to render a single video without it being glitchy and freezing. Tried everything, splitting the video into halves, redos, deleting and redownloading the ap. After spending a full day editing video only to have an ap that cannot render it is beyond frustrating. Don't have a lot of nice things to say about the ap at this point, just frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines