• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FAQ: How to change video size (aspect ratio) in Premiere Rush?

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rush allows you to optimize your video for different social media platforms and their publishing guidelines. Take your videos and share them everywhere you can!

• Select the resize icon at the bottom of your screen to see available aspect ratios.
  • Select a different aspect ratio for autofill to reframe and retrack your video.
  • Open the Transform inspector to see options for Fit and Fill
    • Fit scales your video down in order to include the entire frame inside the new aspect ratio.
    • Fill scales your video up to use the whole screen.
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying Rush out (in Windows 10), and under export settings, I don't see anywhere to adjust the aspect ratio to 1:1 or 9:16. These are ratios required by the social media team I work with. I could obviously open Rush project files in Premiere and re-adjust from there, but I'm trying to find a simple solution for co-workers who have no experience with video editing. Am I missing something obvious? !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the ellipsis on the lower right of the preview monitor and change your aspect ratio there:

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 7.36.59 AM.png

You can change the aspect ratio at any time, but you'll need to verify the images are scaled correctly to fill frame.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know the topic is old but my problem is related: s there a way to scale the images automatically or have I to do it one by one? I'm making a series of videos that I need to use in many different aspect ratios, so it would take a lot of time to do it one by one.

Thanks for your input!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on what the updated way to do this is? There is no ellipses in my preview. I'm working off the computer and can't find a way to create a video that is the recommended size of 960x720 (a ratio of 4:3) for uploading a video into ThankView. Any answers super appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. There is not a shape icon button (square and rectangle) under the monitor. Let us know if you have any trouble.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, do you need to use the mobile app to resize video/change aspect ratio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines