• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change video background in Premiere Rush?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My college Children's Literature class requires that I shoot a video of me reading a book for the viewing audience and providing a series of informational trivia after the reading is finished. 

wildthings.png

I don't really have an appropriate reading nook in my home, so I'd like to record it and change the background to a solid or muted/blurred image background.  

Is this possible with Adobe Premiere Rush? I can only afford the $10 Adobe CC Creative Suite right now, so I can only work with the software solutions that provides to me.

If post production video change to background is impossible, should I just shoot in front of a sheet or something?  Any and all help is requested, appreciated and will be utilized.  Thank you!!

TOPICS
Desktop version , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chroma key is not a feature of Premiere Rush. You'll need to port your video project to Premiere Pro to do that effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there! Filming in front of a sheet or a blank wall sounds like a great idea. If you have a wall with a piece of art on it, or maybe a plant you can sit next to in front of a blank wall, that would be a great way to create a more "staged" look.

Replacing the background in post-production is called chroma-keying and is not currently available in Rush. Hope your video goes well! 

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines