Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I fix distorted audio?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was almost finished editing a video in Premier Rush, put the laptop away for a bit, and when I reopened it the audio was completely distorted. It concerns only the audio track that's locked to the video (the intro song works fine). It plays fragments that I have cut out, in slow motion. The track looks fine, the visual still corresponds to original audio and to the talking in the video but you just hear something else entirely. I cannot figure out what went wrong.

I have found another question about the exact same problem, they added a video so you can see/hear it: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10742142#10742142. This question was from last year and has not been answered, which is why I started a new discussion. This is a work project I have spent a lot of time on already. I really hope the video expert (who is mentioned in Adobe's twitter response) can help recover the original audio so I don't have to do it all over again.

Kind regards

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

I had this problem when using "Optimised Clips" on the PC version. To turn it off, go to View, then uncheck "Use Optimised Clips". 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still not fixed. I’ve been in contact with support - but they were not able to solve it. I’m afraid I have to start all over with my projects in another software . But that’s a lot of work lost.

Jesper Dupont
www.jesperdupont.com
www.sans-1.com
Tlf.: 26842350

Studie / kontor:
Torvet 6, st.
5800 Nyborg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed, I am currently in this situation and I am trying to pump out content. This keeps happening periodiaclly. I download my video, conver it to mp4 on adobe express, I cleared the cache, and uncheck the optimisation option, and my video is still sounded all slo-mo and distorted? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, when adding an .mp3 audio track it gets distorted - the other audio tracks are working fine for now.

I've tried checking/unchecking all the above settings with no result.

I've cleared the cache, and now the audio track that was distorted does not play at all. Any other fixes I can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francesca,

Sorry. Check out the following editor's rule of thumb:.mp3 files are not very good formats to edit with as they are too highly compressed. Try using a .wav or .aif of the same file.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried all thse toublehsooting tips but my clip is still distorted. I tried downloading the file again, uploading to different file location on my computer. I am at a loss as to what else to try. File is attached here. PLays fine on my computer. Any help appreciated. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here uncheck optimized clips dont work audio still distorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried following the steps of "optimised clips," on my Macbook Pro and it's still not working. What's the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com os mesmos problemas e nenhuma sugestão funcionou. Adobe???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dude, you just fixed my messed up voiceover problem with this tip (deselect Use Optimised Clips).  Appreciate you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the top answer may be correct in some instances, there is still an error with the way Rush handles audio whilst working with a file. It will play the audio at too loud a volume, often hitting the top of the audio limit, causing audible distortion and triggering the red warning on the monitor. This occurs with audio files that are nicely within limits, and play perfectly well with other software. This still happens when the clip volume is decreased - there is still the same amount of distortion, but the whole sound is played quieter suggesting the distortion occurs even before anyone gets to choose the clip's amplification.
I would suggest this is a problem with the real-time mixing algorithm boosting the signal incorrectly, as when the video is exported, the video file contains the clean sound of the original audio file. 
Not only does this make the whole experience of editing very unpleasant, but people are unaware that this is not the final quality of the sound and so I'm not surprised that they decide to go elsewhere instead of trusting Rush to do the job properly (even though it's actually very capable).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the final quality of the sound is very poor (inaudible).
Thanks for the reply though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems rush has a lot of different issues with audio, let's hope they get a high end audio-specific programmer to clear them all up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem. I tried all the possible solutions on the list.
My clip was not too long, just a few minutes. Still, instead of fighting with the software, I just did a screen capture ( window + G) of the unedited video that plays fine in windows, imported that clip into Rush, separated the sound, and used it instead of the distorted audio. But seriously, Adobe fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines