Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import clips with alpha channel?

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to get clips with alpha channel into Rush - Can this be done?

Mias

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Hi BN241 and miass25712843

Rush supports alpha channel formats on Mac and Windows. Unfortunately, alpha is not supported on iOS other than png files. This is not just Rush; it's an Apple OS thing. Hopefully, we can find ways around this in the future.

If you have access to Premiere Pro, you can create titles (motion graphic templates) that contain alpha information and use those in Rush. Here's how https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/essential-graphics-panel.html#CreategraphicsinPremierePro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Mias!

I don't see why that wouldn't work but I haven't tried it myself so I'm hesitant to tell you for sure.

Will you walk me through your workflow? What are you exporting from? Have you already tried it, and if so, what happens?

-Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems with this as well.

I am trying to import graphics that I have built in After Effects. It seems clear that Rush does not support the Animation codec, but I have tried ProRes 444 as well as DNx flavors, and every time I try and import, I either get a "unsupported media type" error, or the app hangs.

I have successfully imported a PNG still with transparency, so I thought I might try a PNG sequence, but Rush does not treat it as a sequence file and wants to import each still - and since I can't figure out how to nest sequences in Rush, that doesn't seem like a feasible work-around.

Anyone?

(working on an iPhone)

-Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have elements (opening logo with the last 1sec on alpha, title strap, transition wipe) all with a alpha channel. I would like to have them in Rush thus I'm able to package and brand the clips that I film all on my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...sorry I have tried the various video compression format that support alpha but as BN241​ mentions they either do not work, or are unsupported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BN241 and miass25712843

Rush supports alpha channel formats on Mac and Windows. Unfortunately, alpha is not supported on iOS other than png files. This is not just Rush; it's an Apple OS thing. Hopefully, we can find ways around this in the future.

If you have access to Premiere Pro, you can create titles (motion graphic templates) that contain alpha information and use those in Rush. Here's how https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/essential-graphics-panel.html#CreategraphicsinPremierePro

There are other great tutorials online as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. If Rush had the ability to nest compositions, we would theoretically be able to incorporate a png sequence....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could have been helpful if media could have been imported into graphic templates for iOS :/... 

EDIT : there is a possible import of transparent PNGs... And you have to animate on Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can you give a specific link. instead of here's how... then just go to adobe support homepage is not entirely helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines