• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag/Buffering when playing a project on a Laptop that was initiated on an Android Phone

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a question related to this. I started my project on my android device (Samsung Note 9) and it synched up with CC. Now when I open up the same project on my Windows 10 PC and play it, there's a huge lag and buffering that I don't see happening on my android phone. It runs perfectly fine on my phone. My PC is of good enough specs (Ci7/32GB/NVidia Quadro), so that I assume shouldn't be the issue. Could this be because the files are not locally stored and the PC is streaming them from the CC over the WiFi ? I have checked both of the folders (Imported Media & Managed Media) and both of them contain nothing. I need a solution to this problem as I can't edit and work on the project like this at all. Please help. 

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Desktop version , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Mobile version , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @warpedrive 

Rush syncs the files to your computer. They're kept in your Creative Cloud folder. 

I have a few questions that will help understand what might cause this issue. 

1. Were your files captured on your Note 9 or somewhere else? 
  2. 4k or HD? How many layers of video?

A few things you can try to improve playback

1. Open your project, from the menu bar, select View > Preview Quality - Select either Medium or Low 
  2. Within your project, from the menu bar, select Sequence > Prepare for Playback - You'll notice a blue progress circle in the top right of the UI, once that is complete playback should be smooth. 

Look forward to getting more details from you. 

Thanks, 

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Yes, there are three files, 4K videos captured on Note 9.

From the layers, I assume you mean how I have arranged in Rush. All 3 videos are in the same layer horizontally in Rush, running butter smooth on the Note, while stuttering and stopping badly on the laptop.

Preview quality is Medium by default.

I checked Prepare for Playback as well last night and it did not make any difference.

Thanks,

Faisal` .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines