• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Last update IOS 17.1.2 + New Rush V2.9 (1) - Good but...

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Quick first impression after new updates for the Tech team, IOS 17.1.2 and Rush V 2.9 (1) on iPad Pro 3rd gen - over 400GB available.

- The app doesn't crash during editing or export, and that's good.

- But randomly during editing or simply scrolling forward or backward to find the correct position for the cut, the video preview lags/freezes, and then when play is pressed, sometimes only the audio is reproduced, and the video is frozen, then you have to stop wait for a second and try again and then maybe is played correctly... yeah, it is a bit frustrating 😄

- For reference,  iPhone 15 Pro -  IOS 17.0.3. and Rush V 2.8 (1)
With the same project, It's all good; there are no lagging or frozen pictures during the editing/scrolling.

Maybe it is just me; I'm waiting to see other feedback.

I hope this helps.
Cheers Raf

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Mobile version , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Things are back to normal on my end, maybe even smoother than before(!), with iOS 17.3 and the latest Premiere Rush 2.10 (1) released Feb. 2, 2024. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raf - @Raf-nx,

Thanks for updating us on the fix recently released in the app store. I apologize that there is a new bug affecting you now. I was speaking with engineering and they do know about the issue and are working on a solution.

If this issue is bothersome to others on the thread too, please upvote this bug. They are monitoring feedback about the bug and the more upvotes we have, the better. To upvote, click the box in the upper left of the post.

I will continue to advocate for a fix. I will also look for workarounds to see if there's a possible way to make editing in Rush a smoother experience.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin @Kevin-Monahan ,
Any updates on this now that we're back from holidays?
2.9 fixed constant crashes for me but now I'm experiencing extreme lag during editing, same as others in this thread.
This happens in both existing and new projects, regardless of their length and complexity.
iphone 15 pro, 1080p 60fps hvec (with hdr)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dzmitry2918485967ds,

Happy New Year. Sorry, I don't have any news on the issue. Please upvote if you have not already done so. I am advocating for the fix. I hope that helps a little. I do see others having trouble with this specific iPhone, so that is another thing I have gotten engineers to test on. More info coming soon, I hope.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, Adobe Rush continues to hang then close on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. It didn't use to do this before. Even an edited video that's just 1 minute and 30 seconds, after editing, it hangs then crashes. I can't render at 1080p anymore. And now, even at 720p Match Framerate, it would crash.

I'm giving Adobe until the end of 2023 to fix this. If the same thing happens, I may end up unsubscribing to Rush. It's a shame as I've been using Rush over the last couple of years and really like the app.

Adobe, please please please fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated the app and the problem is fixed! Awesome work Adobe!!! Kudos and more power to you guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your comment, @MarkMagbanua! I will pass along the feedback to the team.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Raf-nx,

Now that iOS 17.2 Beta is out to devs, I'd be curious to see if Rush behaves better with that. I sure hope so.

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan, I hope that, too, because, at the moment, it is challenging to maintain a proper work pace with that lagging during editing. 
I do shorts of 15 to 30 seconds, with many rapid cuts next to each other, and I need to move back and forward many times to see if the cut is correct, but right now, between the lagging and the freezes, it is almost impossible to do that in a reasonable time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to see more upvotes, @Raf-nx.
Can everyone on the thread please upvote?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a Rush user for years. I have never seen a bug this bad. I am running iOS 17.1.2. The lag is so bad, I can't get any work done. I have tried everything. Updating the app, deleting the app, reinstalling it, waiting for all the files to load in the project. Noting is working. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted. Also experiencing the EXTREME lag (almost to the point where it's not usuable) with latest build on iPhone 13 Pro running 17.2. Glad it's at least minimally usuable, for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the same issue as of 12/26/2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to iOS 17.2.1 and the situation has improved, but it's still not
as smooth as it was before. Currently, it takes a while for Rush to load
what it can in the memory cache at the launch of a project, before I'm able
to scrub through the video with less latency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been on 17.2.1 for a while now. It is not better on my end

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting these exact same issues, as recently as today. Running v2.9 on an iPhone15 Pro IOS 17.2.1. Hoping a fix comes, been missing editing on Rush a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, I updated Rush after an aiOS update yesterday 19/1/24 and i'm now experiencing the highly frustrating lag as others have mentioned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update fixed it for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most annoyed YouTuber the app has crashed over 30 times while editing but I'm patient ! I've tried to save it / export it over 100.. it gets to 97

percent then crashes. Still not saved or exported ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things are back to normal on my end, maybe even smoother than before(!), with iOS 17.3 and the latest Premiere Rush 2.10 (1) released Feb. 2, 2024. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I'm trying to export a video of one and a half minutes. I've been trying for several days. The application unexpectedly shuts down almost at the end of the process, and I haven't been able to recover the video. I have the app updated and the latest version of iOS. I will not use Premiere Rush anymore because it does not give me confidence, but I need to recover the last edited video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @maxvaldesc,

Thanks for your message. Can you give us more info about your workflow? Does your iPhone have enough disk space to export the movie? Is the movie of a long duration? What kind of media are you using? Is it 4K or HD? What kind of iPhone are you using? More info would be tremendously helpful. Let the community know so we can help you.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Raf-nx,

There is an update coming very soon that will address this bug. I hope the info helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines