• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pixelated video glitch in Premiere Rush?

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of this Rush glitch- I've been editing my videos on the app for a month now with no problems but now I'm seeing a bunch of my media in the video I'm currently editing get really pixelated, the pixelation varies per frame whenever I try to re-Edit or re-import the original media ( photo below is of one of the frames). It's like wack-a-mole trying to get this video pixelation free and I feel like I'm going insane! Any advice will be SO welcomed! 

Title edited by mod

466A45FB-06AA-4AC7-A5A9-E038B02C1582.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Before exporting, try scrubbing through the video timeline using your finger pushing the timeline from beginning to end. In my experience I found the app buffers the entire video when you scrub through the frames especially when there are cuts between frames.

Then export.

During export keep an eye on the preview window -the glitch should no longer appear.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

We're sorry about this. We would need more info to troubleshoot further.

Let us know, happy to help.

Thank you,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I have it installed on an iPhone 11. 

What can I do to fix this issue? 

Thank you

8C611F1B-2226-48CF-A322-2AEC9073994E.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for writing in. What type of media files are you working with (codec/format, frame rate, frame size)? 

Are you getting this issue during playback or in an exported video?

Let us know, we're happy to assist.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Shot video on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. Sync with creative cloud to edit in Rush. Playback has glitches in a few random clips. Shows in editor and in playback in the same place. Adjusting clips doesn't seem to help it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble. Would you mind sharing your media file so that I can test them at my end? You can upload them on Dropbox or Google Drive and send us the download link.

Happy to help.

Kartika 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am experiencing the same exact issue. There's no problem until after I export. Then - one of the last clips is always pixelated. Can you please help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amanda!

We're sorry for the trouble.  Can you sync your project to Creative Cloud and open it on another device? On the desktop version, you can try to disable Use Optimized Clips under Edit. This way we can see if it's related to media files or optimized clips are creating this issue. 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find that option. There is no edit option on my phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here. So frustrating. Those glitches are after each export on the different places, also after just playing it in Pictures on iPhone it appeared on the different places. I'm dying from all the problems in Adobe softwares. Please, sell Adobe to someone who can run it as contemporary software! Please don't tell me open it on desktop... that is not what Russh is about, I believe. I need just quickly take some videos, pust them in the line and export to Ig. I need it out now. It is shooted on iPhone 13pro in Movie mode. Actual iOs and Rush too. 

Hello, I'm having the same issue. I have it installed on an iPhone 11. 

What can I do to fix this issue? 

Thank you

8C611F1B-2226-48CF-A322-2AEC9073994E.png

By @reneq66832956

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. I've been editing all day yesterday and by the end of the day all of my videos and text that was created within the app is blurry. It didn't start off like that, but it progressed into that. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah seriously wtf is she talking about "under edit" this is a forum on Rush, not desktop premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the desktop version of Premiere Rush. We have an option to disable to optimized clips that created when we sync the project to Creative Cloud. On desktop, we have many options that may help us in troubleshooting. 

I hope this helps you. 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is that relevant? Everyone has the same issue with the MOBILE version of rush. NOT the desktop version. Also you would assume that everyone using the mobile version of rush is shooting the footage used on the phone they are using, meaning it should work with Rush regardless. I have the same issue, I have re exported a video 3 times and it goes pixelated in the same place every time and the image filters go off every time there is a transition it's extremely jarring to watch back and it doesn't do this when played back in the app. I'm using an M1 IPad Pro too and the playback slows right down is unusable, very disappointing for a device supposedly built for this kind of thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have this problem on the desktop version of Rush, so it is relevant. Either way, Kartika is only asking you all to try out some things (like disabling optimized clips) to help them in troubleshooting. For me, it worked to convert my files from .mov to .mp4 before editing them in Rush. It's not a real solution of course, but maybe it helps you for the time being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Adobe Media Encoder, but I'm sure there are many other ways if you google it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but you didn't ask the question. The person that asked the question is using the mobile version of rush.

There should be no issue using mobile editing software with footage shot on the mobile that the software is installed on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue on iphone 8. Shot all video with my phone with this pixelation occuring in a couple of my scenes for a few frames.

It looks like it's artifacting video from earlier on the timeline into the affected clip(s).  I've been re-importing my clips and re-exporting over and over and over again, and I'm about ready to throw my phone into a brick wall.

Godawfully frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry for the frustrating experience. Could you share your files with us so that I can test them at my end? Also, are you able to open these files without any issues on the desktop version of Rush?

Let us know. Happy to help.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues - my video glitches every time. I have tried downloading to my iPhone 11 photo album in 4K resolution and it still glitches. Not sure what else to do 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly this has never been fixed. I have an iPhone 12 Pro and constantly run into this issue, among a mirad of others like projects just disappearing etc... it would be nice to see paid apps fix known issues... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know it's bad when Taylor Swift herself posts vids with the same glitch....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iPhone 13 and iPad 12 pro and both import out of Rush with either a faded video at high pixel and frame rate or with a pixelated glitch at lower pixel count and frame rate. It's like I have to choose which is the lesser evil. It's terribly frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes glitchy exports (between video segments/cuts) and washed out color -so infuriating after long edits!
Both on iPhone 12Pro and iPad Pro M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines