• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush included or not included in Photography Plan

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the 20GB Photography Plan earlier this week. In the Creative Cloud desktop app Premiere Rush is listed under "Included in your subscription". When I open Rush it tells me that I need to pay to use it. 

Can Adobe either please make Rush part of the Photography Plan or stop listing it as available?!

From perusing the forums it appears that this has been an issue for some time now. It is either a dishonest marketing ploy or careless programming. Either way it needs to be rectified.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Hello all,

I'm sorry for the confusing labeling that was used previously in the Creative Cloud app. The labeling has been updated. I hope that helps going forward.

Our freemium apps are now under a section called "Apps to try." If you see any other misleading messaging, please let me know, and I'll pass the information on to the right team.

I hope this is no longer a problem from now on.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Peter 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

The Photography plan does not include the premium features of Rush.

The Premiere Rush Starter plan is available to anyone with an Adobe ID.

Photoshop supports video editing and may meet the needs of someone who is considering the Creative Cloud Express plan or the Creative Cloud All Apps plan that each includes the premium features of Rush.

Video editing in Photoshop

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/new-video-features-photoshop-cs6.html

Photography (20GB) Plan (https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah, my issue is same as OP's. Got the email, was excited to use it to export little short dumb videos once every few months, load app and BAM, pay us please. They shouldn't have sent the email. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, I have the Photography plan...
Nope, the email doesn't say anything about the 3 export limit.
The rest of the email just explains what Rush and Photoshop Express are, and where the user guides are available.

The implication in the email is that they're adding enormous value to your existing plan...the 3 exports limit calls bullsh*t on that.

But, hopefully I was just too quick to check - they do say 'In the coming week' so maybe I've just been too hasty to install...let's see what happens after Adobe Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got exactly same email... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know the 3 export limits will still exist?  When I got the same email from Adobe yesterday I thought they were doing the right thing to correct for their deceiving practice of saying a program included with the photography plan only allows three videos before the program stops. Personally I don't think Adobe would dare try this but if its still only three exports this would be doubly deceiving. I might have to cancel my plan and go elsewhere for software if that's the case.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand?
I didn't know the 3 export limit still existed - given the email, I thought it had been removed...so I installed Rush, mucked about a bit - then got a popup in the app saying I was limited to 3 exports...until then I had no idea it was limited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the popup I get when I load Rush - it appears about 2 mins after I open the app.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 12.30.07 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been no changes yet. Adobe's email said "in the coming week"...

The MAX conference starts next Tuesday, so the changes which are coming (whatever they are) are not likely to be evident before then. 

In other words, nothing has happened yet -- and we'll see what does. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can do is shake my head. In my mind, I highly doubt they will remove the 3 limit trial but we shall see what we shall see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Misleading and poor form by Adobe.

Wording the product as included in your plan toten find out, after downloading that it is in fact a trail version.

This is a really cheap trick.

I am sure you lose more reputation than you gain customers by acting in this way.

Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for above post  typing mistake ... it should read as follows:

Misleading and poor form by Adobe.

Wording the product as included in your plan to then find out, after downloading that it is in fact a trail version.

This is a really cheap trick.

I am sure you lose more reputation than you gain customers by acting in this way.

Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't care. They had it like that for years with people calling foul
but we were told to look at the actual fine print and to not have such an
attitude about getting cheated. They just changed it a few months ago to
reflect that it was an app to try but they switched it back. They are all
about the bait and switch it seems. I went to cancel my account today over
other reasons and accepted 2 free months but after that I'm moving on from
monthly fees. Just not worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download and install the latest Rush version due out this week per Adobe's email?  If yes does it still lock up after 3 videos or is it a "normal" unrestricted full version?  Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not, it was either badly worded or a ploy by Adobe, they apologised in the community blog for misleading but did not have the backbone to send 2nd e mail out apologising.
Do not waste your time downloading
Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The limit has now been removed, so aplogies if I may have jumped the gun with my criticism, but I saw that other Photo Plan had been having the same "issue" for months, so I decided I woukd also express my thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, VERY misleaading and STILL not workign!

I've owned the Photogrpahy plan for a LONG time.  Been very happy with it.  You know,f or $10 a month, it is what it is.  Started a YouTibe channel, needed something to edit my GoPro 9 video with.  Signed up for the Adobe Premiere Rush subscription.  Again, $10 a month.  Not a biggie, the smallest 2 monthly bills.

So, I see that Adobe Premiere Rush is now included in the Photogrpahy plan!  YEA!  I cancel the Adobe Premiere Rush subscription.  So, NOW, after I've signed out of and back into my account and even reinstalled Adobe Premiere Rush from the Photogrpahy plan, I still receive the following when atempting to export a vodeo: "This file requires the HEVC codec which is included with a creative cloud membership.".  

T talked with Adobe support and got the same thing others have mentioned...  It's not a full working version, as the technician said: "

Steven, as I can check you have cancelled the subscription and HEVC comes with full subscription for Rush. With Photography plan it is freemium version of the application which have few feature limitations.
To be able to resolve the issue you need to subscribe the Rush application to be able to activate the features.".  So, I said that was VERY misleading.

Needing to export our video for our latest episode of our YouTube channel, I figured I would go ahead and sign back up for the Adobe Premiere Rush monthly subscription, right?  Well, when I attempted to do that, I received an error message stating "You already own Premiere Rush plan" and it won't let me purchase it!

Please, Adobe, do something about this.  Either let me purchase the Adobe Premiere Rush plan, or allow me to fully use the Adobe Premiere Rush plan that's part of my photography plan.  Either way, just PLEASE fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @TMAoGaP 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'm not exactly sure how this new model works with Rush and the photography plan, but I'll do some digging on my end and will get back to you as soon as I get some answers. I would also expect you to have a full version so let me see what I can find out. Thanks for your patience on this one. 

Peter  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Looking forward to your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's the definitive messaging from Adobe about the October 26th change:

"That's right! We've added premium access to Premiere Rush and Photoshop Express to all plans that included Spark premium. There won't be any changes to the cost of your subscription. Let us now if you need any help getting started with PsX or Rush!"

These additions are for current/existing Photography plan customers only in order to replace Spark premium, which was removed from the Photography and single-app plans at the same time.

More info & details here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, but we're still stuck.  Adobe Rush is NOW included with the Photography Plan, and they DO have it available for $10 a month - which we've had before - as we had BOTH plans.  I'm asking Adobe to "take my money" and they won't accept it, because Rush is included in the Photography plan.  You can't sign up for Rush if you have the Photography plan (Don't believe us, try it)!  We've tried, but they need to fix one of the issues.  Either let Rush export and not give us the "This file requires the HEVC codec which is included with a creative cloud membership." error message with Rush in the photography plan, OR let us sign up for Rush by itself, for $10 a month.  Either way, we don't care.  We just want to export out latest video.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my experience with Premiere Rush: 
I was trying to add gopro 7 videos to Premiere Rush and i was getting a missing codec HEVC error message. This was not the case as other videos of lower resolution (from the same day and camera)  were imported correctly.

It proved that RUSH was either crashing or not importing my video files because they had a 4K resolution! Premiere Rush is not capable of working with GoPro 7 4K videos but instead of telling this somewhere either in the error message or in the documentation (somewhere that is visible), a misleading missing codec message is displayed. 

Adobe's support told me that 4K videos are not supported by Premiere Rush but this is not mentioned anywhere!!!  I had to discover this after trying to understand what is wrong with HEVC codec missing... If you need 4K support (for GoPro 7 in my case) go to PRO version, these are too demanding for Rush. That was the official response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the message, but Rush has been working just fine with our 4K and even 5K videos from our GoPro 9.  Just for grins, though, I shot a quick video with 2.7K and tried to render it with Rush.  Nope, once again, same message.  Heavy sigh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you received incorrect information... It is not true that "4K videos are not supported by Premiere Rush." I use Premiere Rush with 4K videos all the time.

So being 4K is not the specific issue causing the "This file requires the HEVC codec" message. Other customers are getting this message too and there does not see to be a clear or consistent reason established yet:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-rush-discussions/this-file-requires-the-hevc-codec-which-is-...

It sounds like Adobe Support is as yet unsure why this message is happening for some subscribers, and in your case they may have been reaching for an explanation. But Rush definitely supports 4K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've stated before, in a LONG, BORING post earlier, this happened when I cancelled my individual Premiere Rush subscription, becauase Premiere Rush was now part of the Photography Plan, which I've had for YEARS.  When that happened, things stopped working.

I'm guessing that something, somewhere, when it validates that you have a Premiere Rush subscription during an export, it's checking and seeing that - whoops, you canceled your Premiere Rush Subscription, export DENIED - and giving the error and not allowing the export.  It's NOT yet checking and verifying that Premiere Rush is now included in the Photography Plan, which I have.  And, I can't sign up for the Premiere Rush plan by itself, it says I already have it.  I can't even have them take my money to get this solved! LOL!  

As a tech guy - I'm an Oracle Database Administrator - I see some strange stuff like this happen all the time.  Oracle once had a database issue where if your instance was up longer that 167 days without a bounce, you couldn't shut down the instance cleanly.  You had to kill -9 everything or do a shutdown abort and hope for the best.  Of course, it was patched quickly, but still, that's kinda' strange.  Again, this is just my guess as to what's happening with Premiere Rush.  I would just like it fixed, as would everyone else who's experiencing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this issue?  Just wondering.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled the app on my iMac.  I originally installed it because of the email you've seen and discussed and that the email said the "premium" vesion of the app for my Photography Plan.  I don't need lots of features and iMovie on my iPad is lacking some features that are on the desktop verion of iMovie and looked like Rush had those couple features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines