• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush on Desktop not opening projects

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving Rush on desktop a shot; it opens to the Open Project screen, but once I click on a project it hangs on a grey screen with no options available. I do run Premiere Pro and AE on this system without an issue. Additionally, I am accessing this via Adobe for Teams, so if this is the same error as that one, please confirm.

iOS versions of the software are working fine.

Thanks!

My system specs are:

Mac Pro (Late 2013) - macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB RAM

GPU - AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TFU_INFO,

Welcome to the Rush community and thanks for using the product.

• Are you able to create a new project?
  • Are you using multiple monitors?
  • Are you able to see and access the menu bar? If yes, can you try the traditional File > New > Project method to create a new project?

Additionally, do you mind posting a screenshot of the Rush interface?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your questions:

Regarding a new project, yes and no. I attempted to create a new project with media on that particular workstation but it hung up (beach ballin', as we like to call it) before I had to force quit. Upon re-entering the software, a new project was there, but showed no media. I can create a new project on the mobile version. Additionally, I can open that project in Premiere.

Yes, I am using 2 monitors.

I can access the menu bar, but the File>New>Project method hangs as well.

As for screen shots, I took a few before posting, however, they are local to that machine. I can post them Monday when I am back at the office.

Lastly, and I'm not entirely sure this is related, but after the update I had severe issues with Premiere and After Effects. (Premiere 2019 not rendering or linking files. )

Let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TFU_INFO,

I believe this issue may have to do with your Teams licensing. Let me investigate this issue and I will report back with any pertinent info.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update on this? I am on a Teams account and I get stuck on the "preparing projects" loading bar. It just hands there. If I click cancel, it brings me to the projects page but nothing loads. I took the Rush session at MAX and the QA guy who worked on Rush couldn't figure out what the issue was and basically told me to "try again later". I've tried everything on the FAQ page and still no luck. My coworker is having the same issue as well. We're both on high sierra 10.13.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kayla,

I have sent you a PM. Please perform the steps and report.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kayla,

I hope your issue is resolved after today's session. Please revert if this comes up again.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VInay,

Is there a solution you can share for TFU_INFO?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I've sent you the steps in DM.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Please let me know what you've found. I was out of the office the past couple of weeks, but the problem is still there with Rush for Desktop. And for reference, I have updated Rush to v1.0.1.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony,

I have sent you a DM for the same.

//Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. I am a tech at a UK University. We have federated I.D.s Rush just hangs at "Preparing Media".

Not a good first attempt at using it!

I need a fix or it will be left out of the build this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is your issue resolved yet? Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact issue. Created something on the iOS iPhone X but it refuses to render instead Keeps crashing whilst rendering. So tried to open It on desktop but it just hangs whilst trying to open. I have a feeling it’s something to do with adobes cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello TFU_INFO and kaylac43224247

Sorry for the trouble you're having getting Rush working properly. Can I have you guys perform two things for me?

1. Type `cat /etc/hosts` in Terminal. Share the output.

2. Open the OS Activity Monitor, as soon as Rush hangs, get a process sample of Rush

Here are instructions how to do that 

This information will be very helpful in determining what's going wrong here.

Thanks for patience and help! You can DM me the info.

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, folks!

Has anyone been able to solve their issues using any of the solutions suggested by PG or Vinay? Could you let me know how you fixed it? Or let me know if it's still not working for you.

Thanks!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same error is happening here - Rush simply doesn't work.

(single monitor here, win10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines