• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush Video Quality

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally purchased a subscription for Adobe Premiere Rush because of how easy it made video editing look for a beginner like me. Editing videos of my kids is super easy and the result is what I expected. When I decided to edit some recordings of me demo'ing some software, that's where I noticed the quality of the video was blurry. I've looked through all of the settings in Rush and I can't figure it out. First I was capturing video when Nvidia's built in screen capture, then cropping down my screen selection. The exported video is too blurry to read any of the text on the screen.I gave up on capturing video that way and decided to try Filmora & Snagit. Both of those recorded and played back the video without issue. Quality was exactly the same as what I captured. Meaning, it was sharp and crystal clear.

I thought I could annotate the video in Rush because some of the call outs are very well done and they just look great. But, no matter what I do, as soon as I add the video to my project and simply export it, its blurry again.

I've also hit a few other bugs where it'll run my system out of memory and cause the CPU / GPU to peg at 100%. Those are secondary to the exported video not being usable. Meaning, if I were to share it with anyone, they wouldnt be able to read the characters on the screen due to how blurry it is.

Any ideas on how I could improve the video quality on the export?

I've attached a screenshot of what the video looks like in Rush and what the original looks like in VLC. You can see how blurry the video is in Rush after the import. blurry.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Hey,

Nvidia's built in screen capture thingy was capturing the entire screen. My resolution is  3440 x 1440 so I had to "crop" the video to just the selection you see in my screenshot. Maybe crop isn't the right word, but its just what made sense in my head

Can you see the difference between the 2 task managers I posted? See how one has sharp text and the other is blurry? Anyways, yea I dunno what the issue was. Its all good though. If you would like me to test anything else, let me know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Try not to use automatic preset and then check the quality.

You can use You tube 1080 P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What do you mean exactly? The screenshot is showing you the preview window. All I did was drag the video in. The exported video to the local computer looks the same. Maybe I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing Preview Quality to high and check if it helps.

Change the orientation and preview quality of the video clip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh, yea, that is already set to high. Without it, you can hardly recognize the screen at all.

You should try this, capture your desktop with whatever software you like and import the video in to rush. You should see the quality I'm referring to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever end up testing this? I ended up using Snagit / Camtasia. Their screen capture / encoding was amazing and crystal clear. I don't think Rush is capable or designed for this type of work, and that's ok. 

Thanks anyways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bummer you're having trouble. I just ran a little test on my system and did a screen recording using ScreenFlow and then imported in to Rush and did an export. Everything looked great for me at every step with no reduction in clarity. In your original post, you said: "then cropping down my screen selection." What did you mean by that? Are you increasing the scale to show a smaller portion of your screen capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Nvidia's built in screen capture thingy was capturing the entire screen. My resolution is  3440 x 1440 so I had to "crop" the video to just the selection you see in my screenshot. Maybe crop isn't the right word, but its just what made sense in my head

Can you see the difference between the 2 task managers I posted? See how one has sharp text and the other is blurry? Anyways, yea I dunno what the issue was. Its all good though. If you would like me to test anything else, let me know.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. Sorry to ressurrect this, but I am having the same problem. I have clean screen capture video coming out of Snagit and am assembling in Rush, but the video goes blurry on export. I am not understanding what you mean by 'cropping' because that would imply removing the space around the image. Can you clarify or perhaps take a screen shot or something? This is driving me nuts. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, i don't understand what you mean by this. 
if you're able to, do you mind replying to me and telling me each step to do it? 
'e.g. go to the top right of the screen, and you'll see the 'x' button.' [this isn't related to the app, it was an example of what i meant by 'explaining'. z
thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines