• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

this file requires the hevc codec which is included with a creative cloud membership

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to export a video now on Rush, I am met with this error. I currently have 2 active subscriptions both include Adobe Rush and I also have the media encouder purchased. Why does this error keep happening? I have worked hours on a product that I now can not export (I had just exported another project I made 3 days ago with no problem). The only thing in the project are MP4 and PNG files and audio voice over. This is getting very frustrating and is not the first time ive had an issue with adobe these past few months. Is anyone else suddenly getting met with this error?

im running Rush 2.7

and Encoder 23.2.1

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Solution found:

There are different versions of Adobe Rush that are available. Most people end up obtaining Adobe Rush through either the Photoshop subscription or the Premior Pro subscription. The version of Adobe Rush that comes attached to those subscriptions is pretty much a "basic" version of the app. This version of the app does not have the HEVC encoder option built into the basic app and it cant utilizer the "Adobe Media Encouder" for this same reason. The Media Encoder mostly will help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled previous verson of both apps with no success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution found:

There are different versions of Adobe Rush that are available. Most people end up obtaining Adobe Rush through either the Photoshop subscription or the Premior Pro subscription. The version of Adobe Rush that comes attached to those subscriptions is pretty much a "basic" version of the app. This version of the app does not have the HEVC encoder option built into the basic app and it cant utilizer the "Adobe Media Encouder" for this same reason. The Media Encoder mostly will help with the Adobe Promiere Pro app. 

The Solution for me was to upgrade to the Adobe All Cloud plan (this would enclude the Preimer Rush Advance/Pro app) and that can utilize the encoder correctly. Luckily after speaing too 2 very nice representatives on the phone with Adobe, they helped explain and straighten out the problem. Also by upgrading to the new plan I ended up paying less for 20+ apps for a full year (Promotional period for upgrading) than If I would of kept the other 2 plans together. Sense I did the update and signed out / signed back into the Adobe cloud, everything is working perfectly now.

NOTE: Purchase your new plan before canceling your old plans. This way any projects that arent synced to the cloud will remain attached to the email and you wont risk losing the project you have saved. 

Hope this helped and I explained it correctly. Feel free to comment below. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back on what worked for you, Paulie! I am fairly certain a subscription to Premiere Pro will allow access to that codec along with Rush. Those that have that subscription can try it. I can also ask the team on Monday when I get back into the office.

Best,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I am also having this issue when trying to playback my new GoPro 11 files.   Now upgrading to another plan may well work, but I would just like the apps I am currently paying for to work?  Can someone advise as to what else could be a solution?

Many thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines