• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlinking audio?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to unlink audio in adobe rush?

i have some clips with audio off sync, being able to unlink audio and shift would be great.

work around is to dupe the clip and mute one and invisible the other. It’s cumbersome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Hey Everyone,

I'm happy to announce that we have now added "Separate Audio" functionality in the latest release of Rush (1.5). Please update to the latest version on Mac, Windows, Android and iOS and read up on the details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/add-audio-rush.html#separate-audio

Thanks for your patience, and we hope you enjoy!

--Ron Day

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jamiez1159745,

Thanks for trying out Premiere Rush and highlighting your concern.

Unlink Audio is not available in Premiere Rush, as of now, the way it can be done in Premiere Pro. But you can anytime open your Premiere Rush projects into Premiere Pro and enhance your video.

You can submit feature requests for anything you would like to see in Rush here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush

Some users have already asked for this feature. Please vote on this idea.

The ability to link/unlink audio and video clips – Adobe video & audio apps

We are continuously working to provide the best experience for our users.

Keep giving feedback. !

Glad to help,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered this same issue.  I believe it's a known bug.  (iOS footage).

I had a similar workaround (extracting the sound only to put onto an audio track).

QUESTION FOR jamiez1159745​ - If you separate the audio from the video, then place the image/movie and the audio/wav/aiff on the timeline with the same IN POINT, does the audio sync?

I'm wondering if it's an iOS movie container issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its not an app issue. My source footage is messed up. The app lacking the ability to adjust for it though is kind of a bummer.

Unlinking audio is a basic edit function that would be great to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlinking A/V has been one of our most popular requests right beneath time remapping. It's high on our engineering teams' list of priorities!

Until they can get around to it, the workaround that Ko suggested sounds possible. Have you tried importing your footage and audio separately? Or even adding the same clip to your sequence twice and using the audio from one and the video from another? Might be usable until they can get around to adding the unlink feature.

For example: I added this sample media twice, disabled the bottom track's visual and turned the volume on the top track down to zero. Now I could resync the two tracks manually if I needed to.

Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 3.02.28 PM.png

Let me know if that helps!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, i duped clips. at this point its faster just just grab my laptop and edit in premier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally get it. Keep an eye out for that unlinking feature and maybe Rush can win you back someday!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this be addressed it's been 2 years 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there are still issues where if you use the dub feature it is linked to the video file which is obnoxious as it requires me to delete both the video and sound, whereas  I only want to get rid of the video file. Is there a way to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for a video I was making on Rush I wanted audio from one clip I had to play over a video without changing the volume and I learned a kind of work around. If you stack the clip with the desired audio over the footage you want it over as if you're doing a picture-in-picture effect, than highlight the top clip (desired audio) and click the transform tab and lower the Opacity to zero so the top clip (desired audio) isn't seen you can still hear the audio over the footage without losing the bottom footage's audio! Just my way of doing it if you want to try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... the lack of unlink/link is a dealbreaker for doing anything but music videos.  Shame, it's a nice app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree on the unlinking. I had a video where I didn't want to see a break in the video, but needed to take out a specific part in audio. I ended up using Media Encoder to make an .mp3 version, then muted the video's audio and put the audio on it's own timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Everyone,

I'm happy to announce that we have now added "Separate Audio" functionality in the latest release of Rush (1.5). Please update to the latest version on Mac, Windows, Android and iOS and read up on the details here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-rush/help/add-audio-rush.html#separate-audio

Thanks for your patience, and we hope you enjoy!

--Ron Day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature is great Ron. Recently I recorded some video from two camera angles and recorded a separate audio track  on a decent audio recorder (output in WAV format). If I load the separate video and audio tracks into the app can it sync all the files up together with the audio profile? Thanks in advance. I guess I should just try it myself and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response, @YardHeads

I hope you've given this a try, but the answer is yes - even though the process is a bit manual. You'll want to just mute the audio from the video clips if they contain the original audio, but you should then just align the video to the new audio track (using split on the video or audio clips only if needed) to get it in sync.

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to link audio to video, or UNseparate tracks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @duanegrasse - Unfortunatley, this is not possible currently. Can you give us a bit more detail into how this would be useful for your projects?

Thanks in advance!

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for adding this feature. I'm a newbie, and just discovered that one test video I recorded last summer has the "separate audio" function highlighted, and one I recorded today with a different camera does not. What circumstances would create that problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey @Ellen0D4A,

At the moment, this feature only works on video clips that have one or two channels of audio (mono or stereo). It sounds like the clips you're using may have more then two channels (possibly up to 4). 

As a workaround, you can convert the audio to stereo before importing to Rush by using apps like Adobe Media Encoder or a 3rd party tool like Handbrake. After this is done, you can import the new clip into Rush and seperate the mono or stereo audio from the video.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

--Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

I'm using Rush on my Android (Samsung Galaxy S9) and encountered a major problem. I can separate the audio out of a video clip, but when I try to remove the clip (since I no longer need it), both the audio and the video are deleted even though for all intents and purposes it looked like the audio was linked to the video clip I wanted it linked to.

How do I fix this I need to know for a school project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines