• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where does RUSH work?

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made 4 experimental videos on Rush that worked as expected using an iPhone 12 Pro Max w/256GB and iOS 16.3; picked up all data and details on my Thinkpad X1E (32GB, Win 11 v10.0.x, i7, Nvidia GTX 1050) and then on my HP Envy with same specs. I used Microsoft OneDrive because I own 5TB of space. 

After expanding past tests to live work, the Title/Graphics function was unable to find saved titles to import. I spent four hours over two daysn on the phone with tech support and advanced tech support. Then projects themselves began to disappear. Edited videos and source videos have disappeared from Rush's system. They still exist on OneDrive and even in my iPhone's Photos. But not as far as Adobe can see. 

I found several posts expressing similiar problems, most dating to a year ago with recent comments. 

I need this app to function the way it should. How do I use Adobe Premiere Rush? Right now, this seems like a total fail of an app.

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Desktop version , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Import , Mobile version

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(It sounds like you're frustrated, so I just wanted to make sure you knew that I'm a fellow Rush user trying to help and not an Adobe Employee. Adobe Employees have the Adobe logo on their profile pic and a status that shows they're and Adobe Employee.)

If Rush isn't seeing your projects, then it sounds like it could either be an issue with your sign in or with syncing.

If you're signed in to Rush with your Adobe ID on your phone, then try signing out and back in again using the gear symbol in the upper right. On a mobile device, try signing into the Creative Cloud Mobile app. If you're already signed in there, try signing out and back in there too.

On your computer, try signing out of Rush via the Help menu and sign back in. Then also make sure that you're signed into the Creative Cloud Desktop app. If you are already signed in, then try signing out and back in again.

You might also check the following Knowledge Base article:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. Yes, very frustrated. Rush shows incredible potential but only if you don't use its advantages oer competing tools: Rush's advertised platform independence and cloud-sharing capabilities.

The problems I'm having are constantly changing. Of the seventeen projects in various stages of completion, different ones at different times will appear/disappear from various devices. In other words, file XYZ will appear on my phone at noon but not on my desktop. At 3pm, the reverse happens. By 6 pm, it doesn't work on either. The libraries (saved graphics/titles) appear on Adobe's Cloud, but the working files don't appear anywhere.

During the hours online with adv tech support, we logged out/in, uninstalled/reinstalled, and used Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner to no effect. 

A quick run through the community posts shows several posts about this problem dating back 18 months or more with no resolution to date. My question "Where does Rush work?" is aimed at finding a way to recover what I have, so I can use Premiere Pro to finish the projects. I'd like to know who's using it to completion and what platform(s) they employ. Thans again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use it, it's usually on the desktop (mostly because I need big monitors to see what I'm doing).

It sounds like the issue has to do with your Adobe ID and/or syncing.

Are you having internet issues? Do you have more than one type of subscription (like a personal, individual plan and an enterprise plan)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, thank you. If it is syncing, adobe's L2 tech couldn't fix it. I have one subscription, no internet issues (500Mbps average over 30 days, one outage lasting 1.3 minutes, monitored).

What desktop OS are you working on and what cloud do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both a Windows 10 machine (that I use most of the time) and a MacBook Pro running Monterey. Premiere Rush works both places.

And I have the Creative Cloud all apps plan. 

If you're asking about cloud storage/file sharing services, I actually have access to several (Creative Cloud storage, OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, and QNAP, which is actually network attached storage). However, I mainly work from my local hard drive and back up content elsewhere because most apps have issues working across a network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar setup, OneDrive and NAS for most operations. I've a Mac & iPad but never use them. Are you successfully doing some editing in RUSH on your phone and some on your Win10? That's what I'm trying to do, for the same reason: editing on a 32" 4K is so much easier than a freaking iphone. Then uploading to 4 social media sites from the phone. But it's buggy AF. 

Are you moving between OS's using Creative Cloud for the data? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do. I just checked, and I can see my most recent projects on both Windows and Mac. I also checked on my phone, and they're there too. I am working on an Android phone, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's the phone, I think their system corrupted their cloud-links and they can't figure out how to fix it. Every time I open to see if I can reconstruct something, it gets worse. I've given up and will backup eight work days to restart from scratch in Premiere Pro. Thanks for your help. It's encouraging to know it works for someone. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a chance to try the Troubleshoot sync errors recommendations?

If you have access to Premiere Pro (and can get access your Premiere Rush projects), then I would recommend opening them up there and saving them locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, as mentioned previously, Adobe L2 support tried everything. I have the full cc app and have already started recreating everything in Premeire Pro. PITA. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines