• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Save error. How to save my project?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe Rush to check it out.  I was hoping it would be an easier product to teach my son the basics of video editing, so he can start making YouTube videos.  When using the program, I keep getting an error that pops up every 5 minutes or so that says: "Auto Save Incomplete" and in the dialog box, says: "We haven't been able to automatically save changes to your project in a while.  Please close and re-open to save now and ensure that you don't lose any work"

But closing it down and re-opening basically loses any work I had done.  Also, there is no "Save" listed under the File tab, and CTRL-S does not save the project. 

Under Preferences, there is no place to alter the save folder location - only an Import location.

There must be a way to save a project locally, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create a local project, uncheck the Sync using Creative Cloud checkbox in the Media Browser through which you creare the project.

Hopefully that gets you to the point where you can save a project. We’ll need to do more troubleshooting to figure out why you can’t save a synced project. We might be able to get that done here on the forum, but contacting customer support will probably prove more useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Randy!

Were you able to save your project? If not, let us know and we'll figure out some alternative solutions for you.

Thanks for reaching out!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't check the sync option before starting the project and I still get this warning at random times. It's very unconvenient cause once it happens, there'a no way to save current work or to even know at what point it stopped saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunetly this does not work. I have the project off line and it continues to crash losing hours of work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not "solved", please open this issue again and provide us with a proper answer solving the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not "solved", read the comments and please re-open the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i have the same problem in my windows laptop.

running windows 10 fully updated and adobe rush V1.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. The program crashed my computer during render and when I rebooted there was no sign of the project anywhere. I pressed ctrl-s throughout just in case it did something, even though there was no feedback that it did, but it seems not to have saved. There must be some sort of auto-save backup somewhere, is there not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm going through the same thing and I'm hoping someone can help me. I kept getting the same pop-up that I needed to close it and then re-open it to save it. So I did that and when I re-opened it the project was there but when I clicked on it, it was empty. It looked like if I had started a new project. I don't know where it went or how to get it back. I'm stressed because I had been working on it for more than a month and it was more than an hour long. Adobe Rush has never given me problems before until today and I was so close to finishing it. Thank you for reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened to me too. I'm learning Rush after being totally frustrated constantly googling Premiere Pro errors, now I have the same thing you got. It told me it couldnt auto save and that I should close. I've tried that and now it's "not responding"... I will once again sit here trouble shooting an adobe video editor for the next few hours/days instead actually of editing. 

Rush 1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Rush, it didn't help. I looked at my synced files in the Creative Cloud and found the original video but it's unedited so it's useless to me. I've tried logging out of my account and logging back in, uninstalling Creative Cloud and installing it again, downloaded the app on my phone and I still have nothing. I also tried looking for it on my file explorer but I know nothing about computers or where to look so I'm just lost. If you end up solving this problem, please, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME HERE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, same exact thing just happened to me right now. This thread was started in 2018- it's end of March 2021, whenever you see the warning "We haven't been able to automatically save" you're screwed. For me, it was literally saying that over and over for an hour, and my dumb faith in Rush caused me to keep working. Well guess what? It crashed- and I lost an hours worth of work- sound edits, voice over recordings, vanished into thin air.

Why's it not saving? Why does it crash? This app does 10 things, why does it take up 8gb of space? That's as big as premiere pro. Rush doesn't even have a save option- what is the 8gb for? Can the code be more optimized? Maybe if this app was 300mb it wouldn't have as many issues when it's doing any of its 10 features. The only reason i'm using this is the interface is less complicated than premiere. But I keep running into unnecessary issues like this forcing me to go back into premiere. I'm one step away from scrapping this project and restarting it in some mickey mouse app on my ipad cuz its more reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to reiterate I'm having the same exact problem, so Adobe sees it's still not fixed after 3 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to edit a video for school and I keep getting this message. Like everyone else said, there's no way of anticipating it, and when you do try to follow the instructions and close the project, the program freezes, sits on (not responding) until you click something and then crashes and loses all the work you've just put in. It's extremely frustrating - I've used other video editing programs and was hoping that Premiere Rush wouldn't crash like the others, but I've lost around 20 minutes of work like three times tonight alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started having this issue today. However, my computer has had issues in the past regarding my company's firewall/security settings (I think) when I'm hardwired to the internet. The issue APPEARS to have stopped when I unplugged and switched to wifi. 

As a precaution though, as soon as I got the error I opened Adobe Premiere and created a project from my Rush project that was getting errors. The home screen of Premiere also would not load until I switched from wired internet to wifi. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also have the same problem. The work gets saved, but I have to close the project a lot, and it takes a long time before it builds up again, so I can keep working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It saves by itself, then stops saving and asks to close the project and reopen to save work, but when I close the project, it Premiere Rush is not responding and I need to reboot to get it to work. Then I'm able to work for an hour, and then it does the same thing again ("can't save", "close project", I do so and it crashes). How can we save the file locally? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extact same issue. ALOT. I get error message and when I go to close project (save), Rush just stops working. I have to force quit which loses anything since last save, Every project I have worked on now fails.  Orginally though maybe too many processes or memory use but I shut down everything but Rush. Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue and it's so annoying and frustrating.

I wish there was a save option so at least I can manually save the project without taking the risk of the app crashing continuously and keep losing my work.

Any solution or advice? I am about to switch to another software because this is a waste of time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May 29th, 2021 and I'm having this same exact problem over and over again.  "Auto Save Incomplete" "We haven't been able to automatically save changes to your project in a while.  Please close and re-open to save now and ensure that you don't lose any work."  If I close the program, it freezes (Not Responding) and all of my changes are GONE.  HOURS AND HOURS of work for a time-sensitive project.  This project is days overdue now becuase of this issue.  Certainly Adobe has figured out why we're having this problem, right??!!??  We pay big $$$ because Adobe is supposed to be the "Powerhouse" of all editing software.  This is extremely aggravating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, this is the desktop version I'm using, the most recent version of 1.5.58.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue for me. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I've noticed for me, is that if you close your project right after the FIRST time you see that message, it will lag a bit on close but it WILL save the project. If you wait, and the message pops up multiple times, you are screwed.

I've also noticed that this appears to start happening after I start making adjustments to a Title graphic I've added to the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines