• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you add songs from iTunes?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys im having trouble adding music from itunes. I click on add audio and the music titles are there but they are grey and i cant click on them. In Adobe settings i have allowed for media and music but still no idea. Please help

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Make sure the song is downloaded to your device. Go into the iTunes app, browse to the song, and check to see if the cloud icon with the down arrow is showing. If so, tap the icon to download the song. This should make it available in Rush. 

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iTunes music includes copy protection that precludes the songs from being used in a video editing project. Often trying to use an iTunes song will trigger an error code.

Amazon mp3s don't have this issue, FWIW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the song is downloaded to your device. Go into the iTunes app, browse to the song, and check to see if the cloud icon with the down arrow is showing. If so, tap the icon to download the song. This should make it available in Rush. 

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, I am sorry to say the itunes process above is not working. I purchased all of my songs in my library and I can't get them into Rush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What if not? İn my case i have the song downloaded but not available on iTunes ... confusing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Just to illustrate what I mentioned above, here is a series of screen shots showing iTunes during a download, and the resulting view in Rush showing the one song I downloaded as “not” grayed out. 

9598882B-7B04-4C16-9350-2CCACD8EF193.jpeg

363CDC55-6382-4B5C-A75C-7CE7D9E05697.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!! I'm having this same issue and I've checked all my songs to make they're downloaded and I still can't add them to my projects. The only songs available are from A Perfect Circle. Does anyone have any idea as to what else I can try? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Premiere Rush and I've been having the same issue as most. Spent over an hour on the phone with Adobe RUSH techincal support who called in a Tier 2 tech on my case. They are telling me that Apple Music files are in a MP4 format and that's why it's not importing to RUSH. They asked me to call Apple and see if I can get all my music files in a MP3 format which will be able to import into RUSH!  What Says You All?  Sounds like a bug to me in RUSH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got off the phone with Apple Support and they assured me that it's NOT a format issue between MP3 or MP4,with video editors as in the case with Premiere RUSH, it's a copyright thing. As an Apple Music customer, I may listen to any/all of my Apple Music playlists, albums, artists across ANY/ALL my Apple devices which is a lot of devicess. But, when I go to push any of these music files there are copyright LOCKS on these files which PREVENT opening or importing music files into any editors/other software or platforms which are not licensed to play the music content. So, There's That!!! Next Please!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can added the songs that I purchased years ago however I cannot do the same with recently purchased songs. Have you sorted it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you positive these are purchased, and not downloaded with an Apple Music subscription? Apple Music songs contain DRM and are not playable outside of iTunes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gonna be real honest. 
this makes me want to snap my phone in half.

I've been creating on this app thinking the whole time my iTunes music would pull right over. 
ITS DOESNT! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use an Apple Music file in Rush, you need to purchase the song. Once you purchase it, you will be able to download the non-DRM version of it. If you have the non-DRM (purchased) version, it will import seamlessly into Rush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iTunes doesn't give me an option once purchased.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen shot of what you are seeing. Specifically, show the screen similar to what I showed in my earlier postings above. Are you looking at your Library and not Apple Music? Are you on your iPhone? iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I just figured it out. I was going to "add audio" instead of "add media". Got it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this still doesn't work... once the song is purchased and even downloaded using the cloud icon to the device, the song is still greyed out and unavailable is there any other way around this? it appears the file is protected? (possibly newer more propular songs only?) is there other softwarte other than itunes, that you can purchase the song off and gain an un-protected download version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you purchased it (via the iTunes Store) and not just "added to Library" in the Music App? Protected downloads are in .m4p format, while unprotected audio downloads are in .m4a format (although you'd probably have to look on a PC or Mac to see the files directly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience on explaining this.  It took me awhile to figure out how to actually 'purchase' a song (given I already have a subscription) and once I did I worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines