• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MP4 files created in Rush won't open

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some MP4 files in Rush and exported to a local external hard drive earlier this week. Now Rush will not open any MP4. 

I'm using a Mac and all software is up to date.

Any ideas? The project is large and very important and I have a quick high pressure deadline.

Thanks for any help.

Sharyn Sowell

TOPICS
Desktop version , Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Thank you, @anissa_thompson, I figured it out. I was trying to access video exported to my external and evidently one can only access what is on the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sharyn,

Are you saying that Rush won't work with .mp4 files you've created in Rush, or that Rush won't work with any .mp4 files? Also, have you tried exporting to a local drive to test?

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited my video using Rush and exported to a local drive to save. Now Rush will not open those files or any other MP4. 

I don't even get an error message, it just won't open. I need to finish 10 half hour videos for an online class I'm teaching so all files need to be exported to a local external hard drive before sending to my client for them to open. So I'm not posting online. The client is using Premiere. 

I just bought Rush after using the trial, which worked great. Removing it and installing again didn't help and it's the same problem on both my computers.

I'd very much appreciate help or I'm going to have to go with iMovie and then convert to an MP4. Project due quickly so I'm feeling the pressure.

Thanks, Anissa. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, @anissa_thompson, I figured it out. I was trying to access video exported to my external and evidently one can only access what is on the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines