• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Rush crashes immediately when playing or previewing video

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using Rush to try out Adobe's video editing before considering the upgrade to Pro.

I have some MP4 files shot on my Sony A6000 that I want to try and work with, but I can't even playback or preview my videos in the app. When I create a new project, select an MP4 from the harddive and hit "play" to preview it, it crashes instantly- no report- the app just locks up and goes away. I haven't been able to interact with any of the media I've shot with my camera or phone.

problem.PNG

The screenshot above shows just what I see before the crash, you can see the artefacts in the playback space that the popups leave behind as it locks up before crashing. 

Using the newest Rush update 1.5.8 on current Windows 10, up-to-date GPU drivers. I even tried the free trial opf Premier Pro and had the SAME issue. Is this just what to expect in "industry leading software"? very frustrating as I enjoy all my other Adobe services and am really excited to get into video work. 

TOPICS
Crash , Desktop version , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

I'm sorry for the bad experience you're having with Rush and Premiere.  Can you share what your computer specs are, including the GPU model and driver version?

Can you also try these steps and let us know your results? 

1. Launch Rush

2. From the Project Browser, go to Preferences > Disable "Enable hardware acceleration encoding.."

3. Close and re-launch Rush 

Is playback better? 

Thanks,

Peter  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines