• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush downloaded all onedrive files

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Rush downloaded (or tried) all my onedrive files and ran out of space locally. I cannot find where they are located in order to delete them.

As far as onedrive is concerned, they are not local. They are either "sync pending" or "error". Can anyone help me locate them and/or fix this please.

TOPICS
Cloud sync , Desktop version , Error or problem , Storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

I figured it out it to do with your default ingress location. Pause OneDrive. Then open rush got to edit -> pref then under media import I would guess it will say that's in your OneDrive my docs folder. I create a folder on the root of me C drive "data". Then I cleared my cache just to make sure. This is what my settings now look like:

Screenshot 2023-06-28 122046.png

Unpause OneDrive and then let it update. It will probably upload a few pref files. That's fine. Then it should stop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Thanks for posting this. In general, you do not want to use any cloud based drives with any Adobe video editing application or situations like the ones mentioned can occur. This workaround shows how you can still use OneDrive for other situations while "walling off" the service from your video apps.

Well done!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program won't download files from OneDrive unless you tell it to. The nature of Rush is that it links to files where they are located and saves its project files in the cloud. Linking to files on OneDrive should not impose on your device's storage space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are dead wrong about that. When I launched Premier Rush it for the first time it started downloading, seemingly at random, huge video files from Onedrive that I never asked it to. That slowed my system to a crawl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do we stop it from doing that? It keeps happening. Just started today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this problem with Premiere trying to download all OneDrive Files. This happened when i first opened it on a new install. I closed it and it stopped. Re-opened premiere and it didn't happen again. I'm wondering if it does an inital crawl through your files (why adobe). There's a pop-up that alerts you this is happening and I think you can block it. But since it didn't do it again I wasn't able to test. If you look up "Windows privacy settings that apps use" it will provide more information. To recover space you have to go through your OD folders, right-click and and choose "Free up space".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct that Rush its self doesn't download the files and I see the checkbox option at the bottom about sync with Creative Cloud, left that unchecked.

What it is doing is forcing OneDrive to download a local copy of every file that is in a folder you navigate to, before it will display any of the files in that folder or allow you to continue navigating your folder structure. This becomes particularly painful when the desired video is a couple folders deep and there were dozens of large video files in the OneDrive cloud in the preceding folders. I should be able to navigate my folders freely without having a local copy of everything in my OneDrive. Is there any solution to stop this behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this was posted only a couple of days ago but this needs a major bump, such an obvious problem for Windows users in particular. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIX THIS ADOBE!
This is the dumbest thing ever. I can't even look through my files without Premiere Pro trying to download everything off of my Onedrive cloud to my SSD's... Certain things from onedrive are on my local drives, but I can't even look at those.

After Effects tried to do the same thing - though at least with that I could stop and import from my windows explorer. I am not sure why I can't import from Windows explorer in PremierePro. It is 2023, get it together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out it to do with your default ingress location. Pause OneDrive. Then open rush got to edit -> pref then under media import I would guess it will say that's in your OneDrive my docs folder. I create a folder on the root of me C drive "data". Then I cleared my cache just to make sure. This is what my settings now look like:

Screenshot 2023-06-28 122046.png

Unpause OneDrive and then let it update. It will probably upload a few pref files. That's fine. Then it should stop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this. In general, you do not want to use any cloud based drives with any Adobe video editing application or situations like the ones mentioned can occur. This workaround shows how you can still use OneDrive for other situations while "walling off" the service from your video apps.

Well done!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't act like the issue is using cloud drives here. Any serious modern workflow includes keeping non-local drives for storage and local drives for working files. Cloud providers figured this out years ago and only require file metadata to be downloaded to navigate and discover folders and files. We can then CHOOSE to download the required files to our local drives to view/edit them as required.

For some reason, your updated interfaces ignore standard file management and instead wanted too implement your own, worse, interface. 

>In general, you do not want to use any cloud based drives with any Adobe video editing application or situations like the ones mentioned can occur. 

In general, you do not want to create your own file/folder interface that breaks how standard file/folder interaction works, or situations like the ones mentioned can occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Clowieshow,

Thanks for the note. I am not a developer on the Rush team; I'm the community manager here, so I can't really address why OneDrive is not working correctly for your workflow. As an editor, I was only offering advice as to what works for me. I will pass along your note to those developers, though.

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kevin-Monahan 

I wanted to upvote this again - I am a new Rush user, simply installed the product.  I then tried to import my first piece of media, but in the background the app was forcing OneDrive to sync and download every cloud file to my computer.  I then ran out of disk space.

There isn't another product out there that causes this to happen - the folder that I wanted to use wasn't even in OneDrive.  It just happened automatically because the default media location is in the Documents folder, which is in OneDrive by default.  Hope that makes sense, but this is an incredibly poor experience.

Happy to provide more feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines