• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush storage mess

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to use the trial of Rush. It says my storage space is full.

I follow the instructions in the faq and click the "three dots" in the upper right of the creative cloud app on my windows PC. It tells me that I'm using 100% of 20 gigs. And that all files are up to date. If I open "createive cloud files" it opens an explorer folder

C:\Users\Daniel\Creative Cloud Files

I check the size of this folder and it says I've got 177 megabytes stored

Where's the rest of my stuff? I went to the online version at https://assets.adobe.com/files and didn't see more. There's a link there to "Mobile Creations" there which is basically like "woops, under construction". At that point I gave up and came here. I shouldn't have gigs of stuff stored on creative cloud, unless LR library is being counted against this number which I can't imagine it is because my LR library isn't full.

I saw another post where the dev was super defensive about this being a 1.0 release. Sure, I get that, but I need to be able to see my files and usage. That's a 0.9 release feature, especially hwne you charge for cloud storage.

I'm not optimistic about the three (lifetime?!) exports being a viable intro to this product but that's a separate concern. I'm also totally confused as to how the support for other cloud drives will work since OneDrive shows up on my PC but not on my iphone which only shows Dropbox.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay this is messed up. I verified I do have 67 gigs of 1 tb used in Lightroom.

So... even though I have 1 TB of LR photo storage, my usage of it counts against the 2 (or 20?) gigs of "general purpose" storage that I might use for Rush and just wipes it out? That is broken.

For the record the thread with the defensive dev was regarding a link between Rush and Lightroom and mentioned that LR uses "hidden" space. This sort of hackery is leading to a broken adobe cloud system and it's not a system of Rush, it obviously predates Rush.

Why does the adobe creative cloud app tell me I've used 100% of my 20 gigs of storage? That's INSANE. The best option would be for LR to not count against this number, but if it does then do the math right and say that I've used 300% of my 20 gigs because that's the measure of the LR database that's filling up this 20 gigs.

I can't keep trying to explain this because it just doesn't make sense. You can't say that in my account I have 1 TB of photo storage, 20 gigs of some other type of storage and then say that the photo storage actually filled up the 20 gigs, it's just too much of a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, it's a year and half later, and this is still broken. Here's a screenshot:

Adobe Rush Storage Bug.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines