• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command line output generation fails with "Preset name ... does not exist in the project."

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occurs in RoboHelp 2020 with both Update 3 or Update 4

Replicated using the sample project "About RoboHelp"

Replicated on both Windows 10 Pro and Windows Server 2012 R2

Occurs regardless of which preset is specified

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2020\RoboHelp.exe" --cl About_RoboHelp.rhpj -o PDF

(electron) 'allowRendererProcessReuse' is deprecated and will be removed.
Adobe (R) RoboHelp
Copyright (C) 1992-2020, Adobe Inc and its licensors. All rights reserved.

(node:41924) [DEP0005] DeprecationWarning: Buffer() is deprecated due to security and usability issues. Please use the Buffer.alloc(), Buffer.allocUnsafe(), or Buffer.from() methods instead.
(node:41924) Electron: Loading non-context-aware native module in renderer: '\\?\C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2020\resources\app.asar.unpacked\node_modules\win-version-info\build\Release\VersionInfo.node'. This is deprecated, see https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/18397.
Preset name "PDF" does not exist in the project.

Presets are definitely present:

Duncan5CD5_1-1619198742729.png
Duncan5CD5_2-1619198781730.png

If the command line option -verbose is added then the message becomes:

Preset name "PDF,true" does not exist in the project.

Sometimes the following error is also seen:

Duncan5CD5_3-1619199096255.png

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If what is in Command Line Generation (grainge.org) does not help, and no one else posts an answer, then I think it might be best to take this one up with Support.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried contacting support a couple of times using the email address listed on that page but they did not acknowledge or reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried tcssup@adobe.com and referenced this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the address, yes.

I don't think I specifically referenced this thread, but I included all the information directly in the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried with Update 5 applied? Also sorry to ask this but you did enter the two Ss in the email? Easily missed.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely has both s's in the email address, but thanks for pointing out about Update 5 - I'll give that a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, any more recent information on this?  I just installed RH2022 and got the same problem. In my case the preset is " "Microsoft HTML Help" which is the type of output as well as the name of the preset.  I also tried a new preset that I named "CHM" with the same (bad) results.  My starting point was migrating a Classic project from RH2019, for what that's worth.  Lastly, I tried Updating RH2022 to Update 2: no better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever solve this issue with Adobe support? We are seeing a similar issue on a very basic project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it had been fixed. Do you have Update 6 applied?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it says we're at 2020.6.76. We're getting a slightly different error returned, since ours doesn't mention PDF specifically.

RoboHelp2020 Command Line Issue.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This seems like an issue in the relative path. Relative paths in the command line doesn't seem to work as of now.

Try giving full project path as well as full output path (if any) instead of relative paths in the command line.

Regards,

Mayank Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it had been fixed. It's not a feature I use so I can only suggest you take this up with Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, Peter.  I did send them an email, but while waiting for a response, I realized that I had made an error crafting the command line string in my batch file.  When I fixed that (bad quotes locations), it worked fine.  Sorry to trouble you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Easily done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp