• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customizing Table

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon I am writing to ask you if there is the possibility in Robohelp to customize the templates of the tables to be inserted in the text. I tried through the content properties of the tables, but I failed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

You could also configure the table in a snippet. Then you can insert the snippet in a topic, right-click on the snippet and  select Snippet > Convert to HTML Text. Then you can add data as required for that topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are limited to customising after import. What you could do is customise as required and then copy that table into a topic that you don't include in the build. I'm guessing you are using 2020 so you simply do not include that topic in a TOC.

Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

You might be able to find the source tables in RoboHelp's source files but the danger is if Adobe later change the table, that could overwrite your customisation.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Peter!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also configure the table in a snippet. Then you can insert the snippet in a topic, right-click on the snippet and  select Snippet > Convert to HTML Text. Then you can add data as required for that topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr Nice one and proves you can teach an old dog new tricks. 🙂

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much Amber!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have added a feature request to allow customised table templates or tables created from scratch to be saved as templates. Also for unwanted templates to be hidden.

RH-10648 | Tracker (adobe.com)

Please vote for it to get the request prioritised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp