Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

enhance images

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon, Iamn here again!

Ihave a version of RH 2022.0.346 and I noticed that the images (in png) that can be seen well on my pc, once inserted in the project they get worse, they become blurry and the writings can not be seen well. Is there a way to make them better? Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Elisa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem when you look at them in the project files themselves or in the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

the problem is in the project files themselves, when I insert the images in the Content and so then in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I don't deal with a lot of images in my projects, but where are they coming from? Are you doing any resizing or manipulation of them inside RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sometimes I redefine the size

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the image and then look in Content Properties. The text should be light grey if the size is the original size. Clicking the icon removes any resizing.

image.png

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

the problem is that also in this case the image is not as I see it on my pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but is that with resized images?

What is the image format? 

Please insert images showing the difference. Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with all the images that are all in png format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how are you capturing them or where are they coming from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used GIMP screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sorry you did say PNG. They should not be any trouble as all the images you see in the RoboHelp Tour Introduction (grainge.org) are in PNG format at full size.

@Jeff_Coatsworth has asked a good question about how they are captured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall that wayback I read that not all PNGs are the same. Different tools write the file in different ways.

When you say the look good on your computer but not in RoboHelp, if you are viewing in GIMP as well as capturing using that, they will look good. Can you locate an image with the problem where you can capture it again with another tool. There are plenty of free image capture tools out there. Try one of those and see if you then get better images. 

Let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried other tools such as the standard windows snipping tool or DuckCapture and Share X but the result is still not satisfactory. Do you have any suggestions on any software I can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I need to see this. Please create a new project with just its default topic and CSS. Find an image that looks good when viewed outside RoboHelp but goes wrong inside. Then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for the availability. But maybe I solved it: instead of saving images into RH contents, I inserted the image through the link to the image itself and I noticed that the quality is excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That suggests it's something about how you are inserting the images or a resizing issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably yes, even if I continue to see them badly in the content section of RH, but when I generate the preset, the quality is excellent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What setting do you have here?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In RoboHelp click on one bad image, then screenshot the Content Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the attached screenshot of the Content Properties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

The image height and width appear to be in bold text indicate they are not the default image sizes. Make a note of them and then click the arrow icon alongside and see if they change. If they do, then it's likely they are distorting the image and causing the problem.

Try resizing outside of RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp