• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indigo flickering via CSH

Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our product's Help is accessed via CSH using map IDs (no option to change to url method). We're using RH2017 and the Indigo layout. (In terms of our process, I commit the help to SVN and my dev team has a separate "build machine" with it's own version of RH and they build everything from there... I have confirmed that it has all the latest updates.)

When a user accesses the Help, there is a brief flicker of the homepage TOC before it jumps to the topic page, and the topic page layout also flickers briefly before the topic content appears. (It's in the proper full page view, not the "show original context" issue that has happened to others).

Once the topic is loaded, if you click on the logo in the header to get back to the homepage and access topics from there the flickering doesn't happen.

So - is there a way to stop CSH calls from trying to go to the homepage first before loading the topic, and will this stop the flickering? It is always CSH when a user first gets into the help, but we want to maintain the homepage to be accessed from the logo once they're in there.

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on another thread, do both machines have the same version of

RoboHelp? Not saying that is the cause, just a possibility.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair question, and yes they do - dev's machine now matches mine exactly. Upgrading their machine to 2017 solved my first issue (blank topic content), making sure they had all the updates solved the second issue (flicker before topic with "show in context" link).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't realise it was your post.

Beyond that I don't have any real answer. By way of a test, could they

upload your output? If that has the same issue, it could point to the call.

Try that first and if no change, perhaps I can get someone else to help.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter - we gave this a try, no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said no option to use URLs but could that be tried for just one or two topics? I'm trying to establish whether or not it is something to do with the coding of the call.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a bit late to the party, but I hope you won't mind me budding in.

Is CSH the main way you open the help? If so, in RoboHelp, can you set the topic page of the layout to be the default page? If you expand the layout and right click the page, you can set it to be the default.

How is your application opening the help? Are you using the default Adobe API's for this?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Willam - thank you so much for this reply. I am having the same issue, but I want to under what/where you meant when you said "...If so, in RoboHelp, can you set the topic page of the layout to be the default page? If you expand the layout and right click the page, you can set it to be the default." Is that upder "Topic Properties"? I would greatly appreciate it if you can expand on this. BTW, you're a great resource to all of us here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weet6328245 - I would create a new thread describing what's going on - this one is pretty dead & Willam's not doing much on the forums these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, Jeff. Will do. Hopefully I'll get some help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam van Weelden​,

CSH is the main way we open the help. I have now set the topic page of the layout to be the default page so I will run some tests on that, but it might take a bit for our master build to pick it up. Is there a way to still have the logo button link to the homepage in the layout, or does it only link to whatever's set as the default?

Response from my developer is: "we open a new tab in the browser and point the url to the following page in the help output

…/index.htm?rhcsh=1@rhmapno{topicId}".

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp