• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mapping IDs (Context Sensitive)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made mapping IDs for the pages, using the IDs in the software provided by the developers?

However, after implementation on the software the Ids appears different when open the help and does not open the intended page?

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming the developers are using the same set of IDs that they gave you, all I can think of is that the map ids you have created are not the ones being applied when you create the output. In the RoboHelp output dialog, is the correct mapping file ticked?

Hopefully someone else will have a better idea.

You haven't stated the type of help being used or your version of RoboHelp but the answer should be the same regardless. There are some topics on my site about calling help. Maybe something there will help.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2015 and I am generating a Web help.

for example the page ID in the  software and the robohelp is 6. however it appears on the onlinehelp 5 after implementation and generating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the page called is the one that has the ID of 5 rather than the one that is set to 6, correct?

If so, that looks like something for the developers to resolve.Maybe send the .h and ali files to a text editor to print them and go through that with the developers.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.. this is the case

So the developers should go through the (HTMl) files for all topics. That what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. What I mean is they alone or jointly with you, go through the .h and the ali files to find out where the discrepancy is with their numbering. Your output has files that say if this number is called, this is the topic to serve up. For any topic that is being incorrectly called, I think it must be the developers are calling a different number.

They will be able to look at each form and the topic number they have set to be called and see that in your files the number is not the same. Whether it is you who has applied the wrong numbers or them having got the wrong numbers in their code is the issue.

When F1 is pressed or the help is called via a button, what the developers have put in the code is what gets served up. If it's wrong, either they or you have different numbers, to the best of my understanding.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2018 Feb 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.h6.jpgF12.jpgpage.jpgRobohelp6.jpg

The page ID in Robohelp and .h files is (6); however after generating the ID becomes (5).

Please advise regarding the difference in IDs before and after generating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In twenty years of following these forums I have never seen anyone report that an ID has changed. That's not to say I don't believe you but more that I suspect something local. I doubt it has anything to do with the old version you are using either.

The problem in helping in this case is that the language you are using is not one I can read and that goes for most of the other regular supporters, thus it is doubly difficult to help you.

Is the ID 5 used anywhere in the mapping file?

Have you done as I suggested and gone through this with the developers?

Beyond that I doubt there will be any other answers here as when people can help, it is usually within a day or two.

I am sorry you have not been able to get the answers here. Maybe Adobe Support will have someone who understands the language or even they have seen the issue before.

If you have another machine you can install RoboHelp on, try the latest version in trial mode. Don't put it on your normal RoboHelp machine. I am doubtful it will help but maybe it's worth a shot.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still appears in the English version.

I have gone through .h and ali file with the developers and there is a snap shot above shows that the .h files contain the same ids that I have added earlier when I assign ids.

Yes ( ID 5) is assign to another topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just generated a very small project with three topics with IDs of 1,2 and 3. Those numbers do not appear in the generated HTM files and my understanding is the information linking a call to a topic is in RoboHelp's internal files rather than the topic. Please generate a similar small project and let me know if RoboHelp is inserting the ID in the output topics.

If it is not, then I am wondering how that ID gets there. Are your developers using a method that injects something?

Does the call to the topic with the ID5 work correctly or is that also calling the topic that you are showing that gets changed to 5?

I expect your developers will have a tool that would do a search of the output at HTML level. Can they find a topic with an ID of 6 and, if so, is there any logical link?

From what you say, there is an English version of the project. If you can share that, I would be happy to generate the same output but it would be in RoboHelp 2017. If you want to try that, see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I believe you are generating webhelp, correct?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Ids that appear in HTML because of "whtdhtml.htm" file in the root Folder . And this file is the index file in which the table of contents resides, and generated through javascript .

Even the page in the software that must display the topic which ID is 5 in the web help,  after generating it display another topic with different ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you be looking at a file that relates to the TOC when the issue is about context sensitive help?

Go to RoboHelp's online help and search on Distributing WebHelp. There it states that cshdat_robohelp.htm is the file. In that I found the following using my small demo project.

SetCsh(0,"123",0,"topic_one.htm");

SetCsh(1,"789",1,"topic_three.htm");

SetCsh(2,"456",2,"topic_two.htm");

123, 456 and 789 are the IDs I applied for the purposes of searching in that file. It clearly shows the ID and the filename.

See what you find in that file. Note that cshdat_webhelp.htm is for legacy systems and I don't know if that includes RoboHelp 9.

Does that show the wrong ID being applied in one of those files?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

You can find the link for the web help below

So you can generate using Adobe Robohelp 2017

Links removed as not intended for others to download. Peter Grainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to do that later but before I do, what did you find by looking at the

file I pointed you to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you have sent is a mix of source files and output files with no folder structure whatever. If that is what you are working with, then I am amazed that anything works.

Output files must not be generated to the source as what that does is overwrite the source topics with entirely different HTML code that does not work in the source.

RoboHelp always creates a folder structure so how have you managed to get all the files in the root of the project with no folders to be seen?

The ID issue is the least of your problems.

Hopefully you have a good backup somewhere from before this occurred.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The website does not allow to upload the whole folder, so I have uploaded the files separately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a zip file and upload that.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you zip the root and all the sub-folders.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded again

​Links removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project the mapping is

Delivery Entities 5

Marital Statuses 6.

In the cshdat_robohelp.htm file I have pointed you to the mapping is

SetCsh(16,"Marital_Statuses",6,"System_Setup/Marital_Statuses.htm");

SetCsh(44,"Delivery_Entities",5,"System_Setup/Delivery_Entities.htm");

In other words, no change.

You still haven't said what you are seeing in that file.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you seeing in that file when you generate please? It can be read in a text editor.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a list of pages and their ids defined earlier in "cshdat_robohelp.htm" as follow:

SetCsh(15,"Courts",13,"System_Setup/Courts.htm");

SetCsh(16,"Marital_Statuses",6,"System_Setup/Marital_Statuses.htm");

SetCsh(17,"Tourism_Offices",42,"Tourism_Offices.htm");

SetCsh(18,"Facilities_Categories",4,"System_Setup/Facilities_Categories.htm");

SetCsh(19,"Academic_Qualifications",12,"System_Setup/Academic_Qualif

but still context sensitive feature does not work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the topic with the ID in your project of 6 is in that file correctly as 6 and is not being changed during generation. That must mean something is wrong with the call and that is for your developers to fix.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

You can see below the way that the developer use to associate the web help with the software  (Highlighted)

Code.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but the coding is above my paygrade. All I have been able to do is establish that generating the help did not change the ID in the cshdat_robohelp file. How it works after that is not something I can help you with.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp