• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New 2019 and IE11

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an email to Adobe Tech Support last Friday early and have not heard back from them. I am posting this so maybe I will get some kind of response.

I have several HTML5 help files that I have converted from classic 2019 to New 2019. Everything works perfectly in Classic 2019. However in New 2019, the help only works from the C:\ directory, not a network directory. I use IE11 as a browser because that is the default browser for the federal courts. Some of my help files go out to over 70 federal courts, so requiring a change to the default browser is out of the question.

My question to Adobe Tech Support was:

Will the following tag be automatically added in the next update of RH New 2019? If I add the below tag to the index.htm file, then the
help system works outside the C:\ directory.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />    

Unfortunately, the index.htm file is a generated file and I do not want to have to remember to copy and paste this line in EVERY time I generated the help files (there are several help files I would need to do this for).

Am I out of luck in using New 2019 until the courts upgrade their default browser?

The next question (which may be related) is that popups do not work in generated files (even on the C drive). I can configure them in New 2019, view them, but once I generate (I tried my chm file here) I received the error message below, Would this be a IE11 problem also?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some more digging and found the following information:

RoboHelp FAQ

RoboHelp User Manual (both in chapter one)

So IE11 was included in one place but it doesn't work anywhere but on the C drive.

Any comments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looking at the IE11 issue, open this link to an output on my site that was created using the new 2019.

Fonts

I just opened it in IE11 and it works fine. The topics there are just as created by RoboHelp without the meta tag you are adding.

Something is nagging me that IE11 is not supported for the new output but is in 2019 Classic. Check what you have found is not specific to different versions.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cheryls1730789

IE 11 is supported for both RH 2019 as well as RH Classic. However the IE=Edge compatibility meta information is missing for Azure Blue and Charcoal Grey layouts. I have sent you private message, can you please revert me there so that i can share with you the fix for index.htm so that you don't need to copy/paste this information after each output generation.

Also popups work fine in IE11 for Responsive HTML5 output and for Microsoft HTML Help. Are you working on RH 2019 Update 7? If not, can you please try with the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First thank you to you and Peter for responding

I am working with Update 7 and popups are not working in my chm file.

Second, I am using one of those skins so that may be my problem.

I have tried contacting you to get the update but all I get is unreturned emails. How do we get in touch so I can get the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp