• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2017 Publishing Issue using Responsive HTML5 Output

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find answers. I am having problems publishing using the Responsive HTML5 output in Robohelp 2017. I publish using Robosource to Robohelp server 10. It was working fine then starting Friday, when I try and publish is just freezes after like 30 seconds of publishing and eventually give me this error: Publishing has been cancelled. Connection Failed. Please check the connection and post again. Native error: the request can be continued. I checked with our IT department and they tell me over and over that the server is online and they see no issues in the logs. So I am at a loss. Any ideas as to why I am getting this error and how to fix it? Thanks All! Robert Reed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, a few moving parts there - I'd first test just the generating of the output to a local folder (disconnecting the Publish part to RHServer) - if that works fine, then it's got to be in the Publishing action. If that fails, then it's probably something to do with your source control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project generates just fine, I alway generate, then publish.  It completes the generation and after that is when I click the publish button and it hangs up every time.  Then once I get the error pop-up, eventually I see the following in the Output view: Warning: Failed to publish to "Robohelp Seerver". reason: Canceled by user.  
I need to know how to get it to publish and what it is saying "canceled by user" when I am not cancelling it at all.  Any help is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having never used the Publish function, I'm not sure what you normally get when you run the process, but it was my understanding that when you told your SSL to generate, it would generate and transfer the output to your Publish location automatically - there was no intermediate step of having to tell it to transfer the output.
If it generates ok, have you tried manually uploading it to the RHServer location? There's not too many users on the RH forum that know much about RHServer if that's the issue. You'd have to ping @johndaigle or the folks over at RH Support (see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Jeff_Coatsworth this is one to get the Adobe guys onto. The users who support this forum are not Rh Server users.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "connection failed" message suggests a timeout issue. Could there have been network changes recently? Or maybe your internet is a bit flaky at the moment and causes a disconnection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you all for your responses!  I was able to fix the issue, I honestly don't know how I did it but it works so I am going with it! 

Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp