• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 and SharePoint Online connection for collaboration

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleagues & I need to collaborate on the same Robohelp 2019 project. I created a site specifically for that purpose on SharePoint online, made my co-workers co-owners of the site, and the default doc library on the site inherits permission from the site. I was able to successfully establish a connection profile, upload a demo project and edit it, check it back in and so forth.

However, neither of my co-workers are able to establish a connection profile. They get to the screen where you paste in the SharePoint site URL, and when they click Login, they get the message shown below.  When they click Back to app, they land on an Adobe login screen. We verified that the apps Adobe recommends whitelisting are whitelisted for all of us. I have a feeling this has to do with the fact that my RH license may be associated to my personal Adobe ID, while theirs might be associated to the company ID. Our IT people are trying to figure out who might be our "Adobe Admin," but we're not even sure that's what the message is referring to. Can anyone offer any insight? Thank you!

Dawn  

[PII removed by moderator]

TOPICS
RoboHelp server

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

@AthensSlim and @Peter Grainge , the issue is now resolved. Our IT manager fixed it by adjusting our Enterprise settings for Robohelp. He assigned all three of us tech writers the role of "Adobe Robohelp Owner," and when my co-workers worked through the steps in Robohelp to set up their connection profile, they were presented with the dialog shown in the Adobe user guide (see screen shot) that enabled them to click "Accept" and then carry out the rest of the steps to successfully set up a connec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Robohelp forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to remove your image as it contains personal information. For some reason on this occasion I cannot even though I am a moderator so I will take that up with Adobe staff.

Turning to your question please search in this forum as it think your question has already been asked and answered in another thread.

Post back if you can't find it and I will look in the morning. It's late here right now.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for catching the email address on my screen shot, Peter! I've looked through all the posts on the forums and can't find an answer to this question. After watching my collegue again try to set up a connection profile, after he enters his Microsoft creds, a message appears stating that "this app" (Robohelp, i'm assuming) "requires your admin's approval to..." (see below). He then clicks the "request approval" button on this message.  There are no access requests pending on the SharePoint site. 

DawnPAmkai_0-1617916655621.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That dialogue looks like it was generated from SharePoint, not RoboHelp. So, I think the "admin" being referred to is not any Adobe admin, but rather the SharePoint administrator, which as you probably know isn't equivalent to being the site owner. If you're able to contact that person, it would be interesting to know if there were any requests received by them.

I am an admin (not that this means that I know much about how it all works :-)) of our SharePoint tenant here and poked around for something that might be helpful, but didn't see anything useful. We don't have our tenant deviating much from the default settings with respect to security, so I can't say that I've encountered this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I think you're on to something. I'm one of our SharePoint admins, and I have looked everywhere in the Admin Center for a way to approve the requests. Another admin suggested the requests might be going to our Security people, so I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'll post an update when I find a solution. Thanks, again!

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AthensSlim and @Peter Grainge , the issue is now resolved. Our IT manager fixed it by adjusting our Enterprise settings for Robohelp. He assigned all three of us tech writers the role of "Adobe Robohelp Owner," and when my co-workers worked through the steps in Robohelp to set up their connection profile, they were presented with the dialog shown in the Adobe user guide (see screen shot) that enabled them to click "Accept" and then carry out the rest of the steps to successfully set up a connection. Previously, they had been presented with a version of this dialog that only enabled them to "request approval" from an "admin" to make the connection. Thanks for your help!

Dawn

DawnPAmkai_0-1618328774395.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue? We are getting the 'Request Approval' button, but no one knows where the request is going or how to approve it.

Do you have any details of how your IT staff added you as "Adobe Robohelp Owner" ? Are you using the RoboHelp Server?

Adobe Support says this a Microsoft issue and wont assist.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

were you able to connect? we are runnign into this issue now for several weeks. We do not get an approval message, ximply a message that we do not have the correct permissions, despite the fact that I am the SharePoint site admin. Despearate for help 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@C.P.Q. - have you contacted the RH folks? - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content removed by moderator. User posted here in error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content removed by moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users can only remove after a certain number of posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jeff_Coatsworth , we have had an open ticket with RH folks for going on three months now and we just keep going in circles. I've sent email to the email address you provided and have not received a response. The strange thing is that it is only a handful of folks who are having the issue. The majority of the people on my team are able to connect to the SharePoint site perfectly. I've engaged the Microsoft O365 folks in my company, our IT, and Adobe support to no avail. Below is a screenshot of the less than descriptive message I am getting. Despite what the message says below, I have access to the target sharepoint site (am actually owner/admin). 

CPQ_0-1674614820304.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use sharepoint but that message looks like the sharepoint URL could be wrong? Not being able to see the URL I couldn't offer any suggestions though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find this thread and at the bottom it lists a number of requirements. perhaps the one about creating a folder for your project in the document library is the missing bit?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/robohelp-2019-and-sharepoint-online-connection-p...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thank you. For those users on my team who can connect to SharePoint, we are able to create projects and publish successfully. The issue however, is that me and a couple other users can't even get to the point of establishing the connection profile. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you're sure connection profile and  the sharepoint url are the same as your colleagues it sounds like a sharepoint issue rather than a Robohelp issue. I'm pretty sure all RH does is knock on the URL you provide and say "hi there! can you let xxx in?". I can't offer any more advice on the sharepoint side I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi C.P.Q,

Did your IT people try adjusting your Enterprise settings for Robohelp by assigning you the role of "Adobe Robohelp Owner?" That's what worked for us.

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Dawn, I showed our IT folks this thread and they did not find enterprise settings. The curious thing is it works for some folks (most) but not for a few. would your IT person be able to provide a screenshot of where thos Enterprise settings are? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DawnPAmkai sorry to bump this up again. Can you point me to where the Enterprise Settings would be located? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not DawnPAmkai but perhaps their admin set up a group with edit or full control or site owner permission? Something to look in to until someone comes along with more info. Do note I don't use Sharepoint for source control so am jsut throwing around some ideas that hopefull will spark ideas with your Sharepoint Admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'll have to open an internal IT help desk ticket to get the answer from our IT folks. Once they get back to me, I'll post the answer here. May take a little while. Just to clarify: this is not a SharePoint permission issue, but an issue with the Enterprise settings in our environment related to Robohelp.

Dawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp