Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Screen Capture File Name Issues

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

RoboHelp Screen capture functionality earlier was taking file name automatically as " CapturedImg1..2...3". But, now I have to manually enter the file name. Please let me know what settings needs to be done and from where I can do this settings so that screen capture automatically takes the file name.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that this is a registry setting as I cannot find anything in the version I am using. Which one is another matter.

I think your options are to uninstall and reinstall RoboHelp including updates to your version OR contact Adobe Support. I think they would be able to ascertain the registry setting.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for the response. I tried uninstalling RH and reinstalling again the tool. The issue still persists. Screen capture doesn't take the name automatically.

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought from your first post that nothing was being shown. Was that the case or was it simply that the number was missing? If the latter, try saving a second capture now that you have reinstalled. Maybe the system is CapturedImg, then CapturedImg1 and so on.

If that is not it, then you will need to contact Adobe Support. It's free.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have CapturedImg as image which is used in the RH. So, the application throws error saying image already exists on the disk.

I also have another RH file for a different project, where this is working fine. CapturedImg is taking as 1,2,3 and so on.

This issue is coming for specific RH file. Looks like this is an issue with some settings for this specific RH project which got modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that it is one project only could be important. Delete the CPD file and then reopen the project. See if that fixes it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried deleting the cpd file as well. Didn't work out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but I'm out of ideas on this one. I think your options are:-

1. Live with adding a number and the issues of remembering the last one used in any folder.
  2. Always give a meaningful name, which is what I would recommend even if numbering was working.
  3. Create a new project and the folders, then import the topics etc. Depends on the size of the project.
  4. Contact Adobe Support, free.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter for quick response. I will try to get in touch with Adobe team.

Project size is too big and it's already deployed on Portal. So, I need to get this sorted out in the same project file. Appreciate your response and answers to my queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp