Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Generating Output to send via a zip file

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Afternoon,

I recently upgraded from Robohelp 2015 to 2019 classic.  I was able to transfer my previous files and had minimal issues cleaning it up (formatting tweaks). However, the issue I've run into is that I can't seem to figure out how to save the generated output as its own file on my local machine, like I could with Robohelp 2015. With it, I selected a destination, saved it in a folder, zipped it up and was able to send/upload it with ease.  With Robohelp 2019, I can generate and view the output, but the publish button hasn't allowed me to save the file as its own entity.

Essentially, I need to take the generated output (Responsive HMTL 5) and save it to a folder on my local machine, then send it off to someone else to manage the HTML files and make it live on their server.  It can't be the robohelp file itself as they don't have the program. I was able to set up a path through Publish (and created a profile) but when I go to the folder, there is nothing in it.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK Publish doesn't create a zip file for you - all it does is conflate the generation of the output with a copyimg action (like you'd get if you used an FTP client) to another location (usually on a web server or as part of some source control system).
There should be nothing stopping you from generating your output in the \!SSL!\<output_name>\ folder and then zipping it up and transferring it to wherever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With it, I selected a destination, saved it in a folder, zipped it up and was able to send/upload it with ease.  With Robohelp 2019, I can generate and view the output, but the publish button hasn't allowed me to save the file as its own entity.

As @Jeff_Coatsworth says, RoboHelp never created a zip file for you so I am reading the above as you generated to a folder and then zipped up the content of that file.

You then go on to talk about publishing with no mention of generating. It has always been the case that you generate first and optionally publish, that has not changed.

Are you perhaps getting the two mixed up? No offence meant but something isn't reading right here.

As far as creating outputs is concerned, 2015 and 2019 Classic are the same.

Perhaps you can clarify a bit.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp