• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC writes over itself

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am navigating the Table of Contents and expanding menus, sometimes the menu rolls over the top of other text. Here is an example:  

KarmaWaymA15_1-1698358245816.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a lot of topics in one folder?

For the sake of testing, can you create a copy of your toc and move those topics into some sub-folders to see if it still does it when the list is shorter (and maybe determine how many topics it takes to cause the overlap)?

If you also post which version of Rohohelp, which output and which skin/template you're using, I can have a look to see what I can see.

But I suspect for a proper fix it will need to be taken up with Adobe either support for an immediate answer, or via a bug report for assessment for a later release.

See the following page for support contact options. The email address is recommended as it goes to a dedicated Robohelp team.

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/

Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are longer lists of topics, but RoboHelp never had this output problem with the TOC in previous versions.  Is there a way that I can get the actual RoboHelp file to you with the template?  I don't think there's a way to do that here.  I'm not getting any response from the Bug reporting link.  There have been cases open since September.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to talk to RH support folks, use https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you report something as a bug, you don't get immediate response. it goes into a queue and when it is looked into, it then depends on whether Adobe can replicate it. Given no one else has reported it that I have seen, it suggests the problem is project specific rather than a bug or, at least, it will be difficult to replicate based on the information here.

The link @Jeff_Coatsworth has given you gets it to support and they should get back to you and see if they can find what is wrong with the project. If necessary, they then escalate it.

You say it worked in the previous version but not now. @Amebr asked for your version but let's have both, before and after.

As @Amebr suggested, try reducing what is in any one folder first. How many topics do you have in a folder, roughly?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp