Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using of context sensitive help

Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are currently using RH 2019, soon 2020 quite extensively and would like to move to "context sensitive help" mode.  I am rather new to this and I see that there are 2 ways to implement this feature, either with MAP Id's or direct URL from the UI to the topics. Am I correct?  If so, what are the advantages of using MAP Id's versus direct URL?  Are MAP Id's really necessary? Isn't it easier to use URL directly?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Map IDs can be more flexible if you change your topic filenames - with the explicit URL method you need to edit the URL path to accomodate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jeff_Coatsworth is right about the flexibility but to give you another point to consider...

One place I worked had a system whereby when the developers added a new screen it was named in a specific way. The authors would then create a topic using that naming. The developers were then able to create a URL based on the format agreed. Unusual maybe but with 14,000 topics it saved a lot of exchanges and errors.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp