• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

V2017 project converted to V2019 all text in bold

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted an old, rather large 2017 RoboHelp project into V2019. The project has all text in bold. I checked the css file and the masterpage and can't determine where the bold effect is being set. I can look at the souce code and see the bold tag. How do I turn off the bold (without manually modifing all the source code for each topic)? If I highlight the text it does not show the bold option as being set, but when I enter new text it is all in bold. What am I missing that I can't determine how the bold effect is being set throughout all the topics.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH2019 Classic or New UI? Did the RH2017 source have inline bold applied? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic. I am unsure about the inline bold. Developer is no longer with the group and the help files are several years old. Is there a way I can verify this in the upgraded project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you've upgraded to RH2019 Classic, you d have to check the code in your project backup (you have one right?) to determine if bold tags or other inline styling were in the RH2017 project. 

One thing to confirm in RH2019 is if the bolding displays in the generated output. The RH editor does not necessarily reflect what you wiill see in the output. If it doesn't display there, that would at least allow you to do releases as required, while you work to fix the issue in the source.

To help further, we'd probably need to see some topic code and maybe some css as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the oiginal help files used all bold in its display. I have turned off all bold settings for every item listed in the CSS file, yet it still bolds. New text bolds no mater what the type (heading, paragraph, text, etc.) but that is not reflected in the css file settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you create a new project with one topic and attach your CSS instead of the default CSS, you are saying the default text is bold, correct?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I apologize for not being clearer. I am to update the project file. But, all text within the converted file (taken from 2017 to 2019) are in bold text. Any new text entered also defaults to bold text. I am unsure where the bold effect is being set and how to "undo" it. I have looked in the css file and the master pages, but no luck finding where the bold effect is being set. But, I can try creating a new project and use the "old" css file to see if the bold text is still in effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you can see bold tags in the source code. Like this?

<body>
<p><b></b></p>
<h1><b>FirstTopic</b></h1>
<p><b>This is the first topic in your project. <a id="Test">Delete</a> this text and replace it with your own. To add a new topic, click + icon in the Contents panel.</b></p>

If so, the only way to fix this is to remove the b tags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<li style ="font-weight : bold;> 

But, I checked the list items in the css file and none are set to bold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set  the b tag to font-weight: normal; but that may well cause othe issues as it is overwriting its default behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any new text entered also defaults to bold text.

Am I right in thinking that is text added to existing topics? What about new topics?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. All the text is NOT bold in a new topic. But, I still can't figure out where the bold is set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of a topic in RH where it's appearing in bold? Maybe that will give some leads as to what you're getting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also post the source code above the body section of an old topic where you see bold.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who responded. I believe I have located where the bold effect is set. I have to admit I feel rather stupid.  I so appreciate all the time and effort this community put in to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the answer is/was.....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set in the specific properties of the type (within the topic) not the associated entry in the css file. But, not sure how that happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the old "styling can be in the HTML and/or in the css" trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am a rookie, but hopefully I will learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean where I think you do, that's why I wanted to see the head source code. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologizes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to feel stupid but do share. Someone else could have this issue in the future, feel elated they have found the thread but then not find the answer. That is why @Jeff_Coatsworth and I are asking you to post the detail of the answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp