• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Account blocked! Start an appeal or open another account?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.
Unfortunately, a few days ago they blocked my account (after almost 4 years of activity). I do not know what to do. Do I start an appeal request process or open another account? On my blocked account I had about 2000 images... and I'm assuming it was copyright infringement but I'm not sure. If I were to open another account I will obviously try not to make any mistakes. Is it possible to open another account (obviously with a different email)?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't panic and start uploading to a new account, particularly since you don't know which images caused the suspension. Some accounts are restored after the internal investigation is completed. Use the contact us link on your account page to get in touch with Adobe and await their reply. The investigation could take days or it could take weeks. Be patient.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not create a new account at this time.  A new email will not conceal your identity -- legal name, address & Tax ID.

Adobe may temporarily or permanently terminate a Stock Contributor account for any of the following:
1) Suspicious sales or refund activity.
2) Content spamming or fraud.
3) Receipt of an official infringement complaint or "take down" notice.
4) Suspected violation of Stock Contributor User Terms.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

Contact Stock Contributor Support: https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/contact

Be patient. Check your email spam folder. If requested, provide additional information. Meanwhile work on other projects. Feel free to submit content to other stock services.

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does it come that you suspect a copyright infringement? I agree with @Nancy OShea and @Jill_C that you should wait for Adobe to tell you the outcome of their investigation. If they tell you that your account stays permanently suspended, you still can decide if you want to continue with Adobe stock. You will need to be 100% sure about the infringing assets in that case, or you will get permanently banned.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a screenshot of the email I wrote to support when I realized my account had been blocked

immagine_2024-07-06_013704623.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have a lot of names. ;-).

From both messages, it is not possible to see, if you have been permanently banned or what Adobe suspects to be the infringement. So what does let you think that you violated the copyright (IP) of others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in fact there is no statement that makes me doubt that the infringement was copyright. It could be anything (except fraudulent sales). Bear in mind that in the last few weeks I have been connecting to the VPN often and this may have affected this too. I also repeat that I don't have many images and my earnings in the last few months have been at most €40 (on average). So I think it won't take much time for Adobe to investigate. How long do you think it will take? Should I appeal Adobe? Or should I simply wait and at most send a few reminder emails? Even if my account was permanently closed, would they let me know? Then I could open another account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't send repeated emails. That does not accomplish anything and could in fact slow the process down. They clearly have been in contact with you and need no reminders while they investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have no way of knowing how long the investigation might take - it could be days or it could be weeks. It depends on the number of other account investigations that Adobe is pursuing at the same time. Do not badger their support staff with repeated emails as this just exacerbates the problem of delayed responses.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The VPN shouldn't be the problem, as those work transparently for the destination sites.

As for the time frame needed to investigate, it also depends on other blocked accounts. You should wait, sending a friendly reminder in 14 days to one month time frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the email that they sent me and that I didn't realize because they sent it to the first email address with which I opened the account

immagine_2024-07-06_014506579.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the email that they sent me and that I didn't realize because they sent it to the first email address with which I opened the account

immagine_2024-07-06_014506579.png

By @Tom384450233eyx

If the image is copyright free then it is due to vpn connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the VPN connection have to do with whether an image is copyright free?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteIf the image is copyright free then it is due to vpn connection.

By @BINDAAS38452632f7gk

No, a VPN is transparent in that sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2024 Jul 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still no news on my blocked account. It's been a week now. It would at least be useful to know if the block is temporary at least I'll organize myself... How much longer will it take? I've read on other threads that many accounts have been blocked and most of them are reopened after a month... is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month sounds about right. It can take awhile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blocking lasts between a day and six months. All depends on the complexity and the workload of the Adobe employees. Check with Adobe contributor support after a month or so. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I've had my account blocked for two weeks now and still no news apart from the email whose screenshot I posted in this thread. I also wrote on Facebook and I was attacked by people who almost insulted me and diencouraged me by telling me that I should get over it because the message they sent meant that the account is permanently closed.
Suddenly today I get an email to the contributing artists and they tell me that their guidelines have changed and images cannot contain author names.
But wasn't my account closed?

Should I take this opportunity and send him an email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello@Tom384450233eyx  or Gabrielle or whatever your name is... 🤔

That's correct.  You can't use artist's name in titles, keywords or descriptions.  Correct the problem and resubmit the asset.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I understand! The problem is that my account is still blocked. I received the trademark guidelines email this afternoon! And it's been 2 weeks since the account was deactivated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this message: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/account-blocked-start-an-appeal-or-ope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can take considerably longer than 2 weeks for the account review to be completed. You'll just have to be patient.  The email you received today is unrelated to your account blockage. Apparently, all Contributors received that email. I also received it and have never used Artist names in my assets, nor  has my account been blocked.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! Thanks!

I therefore assume that when they complete all the investigations on my account they will communicate something to me... because waiting makes me anxious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gabriele or Tom? Or do you have two contributor accounts, which is only allowed in certain circumstances? I admire your calmness in not answering the previous questions (implicitly or explicitly), even though they might shed some light on your situation.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/account-blocked-start-an-appeal-or-ope...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/account-blocked-start-an-appeal-or-ope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My name is Gabriele and I have a second account just to write here on the forum. I have never had 2 accounts and the only one I have is currently blocked. I don't understand what you mean that I'm calm about not responding. I tried to reply to everyone. I hope Adobe lets me know about their investigation as soon as possible. It's been almost 3 weeks and I don't have a ton of vector images. Just over 2000!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines