• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Account has been blocked due to similar content

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My account has been blocked for uploading similar content, I don't know if uploading several photos that look similar can get the account blocked. Although all photos are taken from different angles. Maybe because the description and keywords look the same.

I've tried contacting contributor support but it's been a month and there's been no reply at all. Is it possible to get my account back and if not, can I create a new account by re-uploading the old portfolio and use this blocking as a lesson for the future? I ask for advice what should I do?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month is not that long of a wait to hear back from Adobe. Don't create a second account. If you do, and you're original account is eventually re-activated, you'll likely be banned for having multiple accounts. I suspect that you will eventually hear back from Adobe and they will ask you to delete your similar assets. At least that is what I believe others have experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, I agree with you I will wait for their answer. But how long does it usually take to resolve a problem like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can vary, depending on how many other investigations are going on before yours.  We only know from anecdotal evidence posted here previously. It happens, but it's rare that contributors follow up to let us know when or how their accounts were reactivated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know if similar content was the reason for blocking if you haven't heard back from Adobe ?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I send similar photos and too much similar content can be considered spam. Spamming is a violation of account and content submission guidelines. Previously, Adobe had sent an email notification that my account was blocked. What do you think? Is there any chance I can get my account back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was for similar assets and not for fraud, and if it is the first offence, yes, there is a chance. You will be requested to delete numerous assets, however.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I only violate similar content. I really hope there is still a chance to get my account back, but if not, can I still be a contributor again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anecdotal evidence suggests that people who have their accounts blocked will get them back provided they agree to remove all similar content going forward. Of course, you need to have access to your account to do that, so I suspect you will hear from Adobe eventually. Again, based on anecdotal evidence. But do not start a new account so that you can continue contributing. You'll just be digging yourself an even deeper hole if and when your account is re-activated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(FYI: Don't select all the topics, only relevant ones)

My account has been blocked for uploading similar content, I don't know if uploading several photos that look similar can get the account blocked. Although all photos are taken from different angles. Maybe because the description and keywords look the same.

By @Shofi32873006lc3s

If you check the requirements, you will see, that Adobe allows 3 variations of the same theme.   https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html and https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/similar-vs-spamming.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know your account wasn't blocked for other reasons?

Adobe may temporarily suspend or permanently terminate a Stock Contributor account for any of the following:
1) Suspicious sales or refund activity.
2) Customer complaints.
3) Content spamming or fraud.
4) Receipt of an official infringement complaint or "take down" notice.
5) Suspected violation of Stock Contributor User Terms.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

This matter is between you and Stock Contributor Support: https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/contact
Nobody in this user-to-user forum can help you.

An account audit or infringement investigation may take several weeks or months to complete.  Be patient. Check your email spam folder for replies.  If more information is requested from you, be cooperative and assist the auditor. But do not spam them with emails. Work on other projects.  In the meantime, you may wish to submit content to other stock services besides Adobe.

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I just uploaded a similar asset and it was considered spamming by Adobe, apart from that I didn't do anything else wrong. I've sent an email on the link https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/contact and they answered with auto reply, right? Because after I sent the email I immediately got a response like this:

Your content may be removed, or your account may be deactivated, for not complying with these Account and Content Submission Guidelines.
If your content has been removed, or your account blocked, due to a violation of our Terms (including these Account and Submission Guidelines), and you dispute the decision, you may file an appeal or use an out-of-court dispute resolution option (where applicable in your jurisdiction) by following the process here: https://www.adobe.com/trust/transparency.html

Regards,

Adobe Artist Relations

So how can it be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you know as much as we do.  Your work isn't diverse enough for Adobe Stock.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that means I can't contribute again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that means I can't contribute again?

By @Shofi32873006lc3s

Are you blocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get blocked or did you get a refusal for similar assets?

I don't get that from your message. 

Just to say: nobody does anything wrong, and we believe everyone. If you did not do anything wrong, you will get deblocked. Adobe wants to sell your assets. They don't want to have everyone blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm blocked. Maybe it's because I didn't send similar content at the same time, so they didn't reject it.
Adobe rules are getting stricter, I wish I had been given a warning before being blocked. Thank you for your positive words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There must be countless similar images then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shofi32873006lc3s ,

Yes, your account will be blocked for submitting too many similar. and may be closed if you persist. Except Adobe tells you that your account is closed, it will be reinstated. However, when you contact them they will send you a correspondence with criteria that you should agree to. After agreeing to the criteria, which include removing the offending files and refraining from submitting any more similar files, your account will be reinstated. This process may take in excess of 40 days after you agree to the criteria. The entire process may take multiple months. Therefore, I suggest you use the time to prepare more files for submission.

Creating another account to submit the same set of files will place you at risk of closed accounts. While multiple accounts are permitted the suggestion is that you submit different formats to each account. For example, one for vectors, another for photos, another for videos and so on.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe previously notified me via email that my account had been blocked for violating submission guidelines. When I contacted them via contact us I only got an auto reply like this:

Your content may be removed, or your account may be deactivated, for not complying with these Account and Content Submission Guidelines.
If your content has been removed, or your account blocked, due to a violation of our Terms (including these Account and Submission Guidelines), and you dispute the decision, you may file an appeal or use an out-of-court dispute resolution option (where applicable in your jurisdiction) by following the process here: https://www.adobe.com/trust/transparency.html

Regards,

Adobe Artist Relations

I have also contacted contributor support but still haven't received a reply, I'm still waiting. Is it possible to still get my account back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link and the form is contributor support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have also contacted contributor support, still waiting for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shofi32873006lc3s ,

As I said earlier if you use the contact channel as laid out in the notice on your account page or in the notice they send you via e-mail, it will take a while for them to reply, but they will. I am not sure what you really did, but it is imperative that you follow the instructions you received via those media I mention and wait for a couple weeks before checking on the status. They most likely will request for you to remove some files and to desist from submitting similar files.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have also contacted contributor support, still waiting for that.

By @Shofi32873006lc3s

You need to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines