• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stock thinks my photo isn' t sharp enough

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the picture below to adobe stock but they said that the quality is too low. Why do they say that because i took that picture with a sony a6400 and a sigma 30 f1.4 on iso 200 and 1/320s?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera used is of no consequence. Even $35,000 digital Hasselblads can be refused while iPhone photos will pass. In this case, the image lacks contrast. There are no blacks to speak of (check the histogram), it's too blue, while at the same time the sky could be bluer. That said, it's certainly salvageable with some editing. Shutter speeds, f-stops, blah, blah, blah mean absolutely nothing in the overall scheme of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fact, let me expound on this. How silly would it sound if an artist said something to the effect of, “I used the $38.60 16” Princeton Heritage sable brush with a round short handle for fine line work and the $259.80 Hamburg Premier PRO Handmade Filbert Size #24 for overall density, while the Nature’s Oil brand matte violet pigment for $1,056.99 at $35.92 per lb. really helped deepen the tone of the other colors.”

Artists don’t do this. Why do a lot of photographers? (Sorry, I'm not pointing you out in specifically. A LOT of photographers do this and I've never quite understood why. I think it was Ansel Adams who put so much stock in the "science" of photography and printing and others blindly followed suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The quality is low not because of the camera, but rather because of your editing in this instance. Did you take this initially in raw? Is it 'straight out of the camera'? If so, you should 'enhance' it in some photo editing software- e.g. Adobe Lightroom.

Your photo lacks contrast, it's 'flat', and the exposure could be improved.

There are a few things you can do to improve this photo. For example:

ricky336_1-1711456287154.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quality comprises much more than just focus. This image seems to be straight of the camera with no editing. White balance is too blue, and it's hazy and lacking contrast. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why think that?

Just to  say, I have pictures in the database that have been taken with an EOS20D and the vapour lens that they sold at that time as a kit. A Sigma 30 f1.4 is a great lens, that makes sharp images, but still, I managed to miss the focus on my Canon 5D Mark IV. The most expansive hammer does not hit the nail when I can't aim. In other words, having good equipment does for sure help, but it's by far no guarantee for good pictures.

A brief look into your picture's histogram confirms, what I saw on my screen:

Abambo_0-1711486421521.png

Your picture is missing contrast. The histogram reveals missing blacks (left) and whites (right). Adjusting the parameters gets a more correct asset:

Abambo_1-1711486656172.png

The image is rock sharp, you have an excellent lens:

Abambo_2-1711486826080.png

As a side note: selective editing of the sky will help this image.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a content creator who does a lot of professional print projects, I can tell right away this won't print well.  This needs retouching to make it pop!

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects. Read the links below for more tips.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Mees36327434kdz2,

The photo is lacking contrast. You probably need to reduce exposure or highlights also. When I zoom in I detect a purple color that could be as a result of artifacts or incorrect white balance.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1711509106461.png

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines