• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any free noise eliminator?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to this, before I did not even know what the noise was in the photos, I really want to upload this photo but the noise does not let me upload it, any applications that recommend to remove it?IMG_3752.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First please change how you post. I’ve never seen posts as crippled as yours. I use a browser and type in the window and then push the button to publish.

Second: I do not know of a free denoiser, you could try to google them. But noise is not the only problem in this picture. It is missing detail and contrast. I doubt that you can get it to the level required for getting the picture accepted.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need a raw photo editing programme such as Lightroom. They have a tool dealing with noise. There are free options available, but you should have a look for yourself. You should also have a read about raw editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I had now a chance to take your picture to my desktop. It's a phone picture (iPhone 5s) which may be acceptable in optimal lightning conditions, but for sure they will fail in the dark.

I've loaded your picture in Adobe Camera RAW (similar features and performance like Lightroom, just to refer Ricky's post) and I  applied the noise reduction with some very extreme parameters. You can eliminate nearly all the noise but you will take out also that little bit in detail that is in the picture (left original, right noise reduced).

You could now play with the parameters, but the result will not be good. You need to know that noise reduction comes at the price of detail reduction. If you have a picture like this with such a high noise level, an such a low detail level, noise and details are at the same level and will be flattened out.

Enjoy the image for yourself, but you can't use it for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you.  I’m having real issues getting quality images of my art with my iPhone 6s to be used as graphic resources for others.  I create most Art at a size that can be scanned.  Would you suggest a certain scanner or I learn Lightroom?

Barbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is not a scanner. It's a photo developing program. You really need that one (or a similar program) if you are entering serious photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware of that.   I was asking if you recommend I buy a scanner to scan my abstract art or if I just take pictures of it with my iPhone and learn how to use light room to enhance them. I’m fully aware that light room is software and a scanner as an actual item. I was just looking for advice not to be treated like I was stupid

Barbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/BS+Abstracts.com  wrote

I was just looking for advice not to be treated like I was stupid

That's not my intention. Sorry if you had that has a feeling.

I can't recommend a scanner as I'm not using one, but if your artwork fits on an A4 sized paper, a scanner would definitely be the better option. Phone cameras are good for taking pictures but less good for later enhancing the picture quality with Photoshop or Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Was probably not very reacting.  I really do appreciate the advice.  Totally newbie and just want to be able to upload the best image of my art as possible In hope of seeing others use it to make fools things.  I wish there was a spot for people to upload what they do with your art after they purchase it. It would be so cool to see what others create with my creations. 

Now that hat I have the scanner, my files are all too large up upload to stick unless I upload them as jpeg.  i fear the lossy compression will be an issue in regards to their abLilith to enlarge the photo for sublimation it printing.  Any tips or guidance there would be appreciated.  Thanks again for responding!

Barbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/BS+Abstracts.com  wrote

Now that hat I have the scanner, my files are all too large up upload to stick unless I upload them as jpeg.  

Save JPEG best quality, maximum 100 Mega pixels. Stock is all JPEG for pixel images. Lossy compression is no issue as long as you choose a good quality. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A scanner could be a good option, but I personally think you would be better off with getting DSLR and setting it up with a tripod and good lighting - studio like conditions to get the best results. Using a scanner can still introduce artifacts as it is still scanning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally! Thanks! I actually purchased a scanner the day before you responded, but thank you for the advice As I may choose that route too for my larger pieces.  However, now I have the issue of the file size being too large.  And suggestions on what file type to scan in as. I tried tiff, but way too big.  I’m assuming Stock does accept PSD cause I just tried that so I did JPeg.  However, because I’m an abstract artist I want to really show off the details.  I want someone to be able to Great the image up into 6 different images (or I can do that when I lean how) so They would have the master file? Not really, but the whole image and it will come with 6 close ups of different areas of the work.  they can’t be vectors cause it’s abstract ink art so the colors matter and I want it to be able to be blown up as big as possible.  Any suggestion?

Barbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock accepts only JPEG, but you may scan TIFF bring that in Photoshop and do the clean-up and save a copy in JPEG for stock.

Except if you have the correct installation, you are better off with a scanner than taking pictures of your data. However, if you are correctly installed taking photographs of your pictures is way faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines