• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are my works suitable for Adobe Stock

Contributor ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regardless of how interesting it may be technically whether or not your work is published on AdobeStock, my question is about profitability. Is this an ideal platform to sell your work? there are so many images that are diluted in an immense ocean of images, no matter how well organized and well managed, the fact that a person or company chooses your work as appropriate is a matter of luck, that among those millions of images the yours and choose it as appropriate for him, in agreement that it is possible that if it is a company or a creative that has empathized with your work, they need a graphic or photograph again and look for you, that would be like winning a client, but as a rule In general, the one who searches does it in that great haystack of which we are the needles, I ask: Is it profitable to publish in Adobe Stock? o Should I use my time in another way to promote or sell?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Only you can decide that. Search Adobe Stock for the subject matter that you want to sell. Is the subject over populated? Are your photos better than most already published? Can you use keywording that would shove your photo before existing photos? I am making profit on my photos. Could I be making more selling them direct? Maybe. But then I have to do the work of selling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

-Does this platform give you good benefits?

More than other stock sites. My second-best stock site earns me less than half of what I earn here, with approximately the same pictures. However, my bestseller here is not my bestseller there. The number of sales is approximately the same.

-How much time do you spend publishing your work?

I don't do this for a living, so I do not spend much time on publishing. So, my portfolio is small, and my pictures are not mainstream in demand.

-Did it tak

Votes

Translate

Translate

It is possible that on other less saturated platforms you will find more output for a production and that there will be fewer examples to take into account

By @PepeCastro

If you think that a different platform will get you better chances, forget it. You can make money if you do work for hire with some nice paying customers. This is the alternative.

If you want to see what sells: Don't do cats and dogs and flowers and sunrises. Do people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Don't quit your day job.  Nobody gets rich doing Stock Photography.  Stock is more of a side hustle for earning a little extra income from pictures you have on hand.

Success comes when you have developed a large enough portfolio of diverse subjects in a wide range of categories.  To earn USD $500/mo in passive income, it's estimated that you'll need 6,000 or more assets in your portfolio. 

https://shotkit.com/making-money-with-stock-photography/

Avoid submitting in fiercely competitive categ

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only you can decide that. Search Adobe Stock for the subject matter that you want to sell. Is the subject over populated? Are your photos better than most already published? Can you use keywording that would shove your photo before existing photos? I am making profit on my photos. Could I be making more selling them direct? Maybe. But then I have to do the work of selling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great Ralph, finally someone with experience, who I can ask. Well the questions are:
-Did it take you a long time to make your AdobeStock presence productive?
-Is it common to have copyright problems?

Logically it is up to you to answer, in any case my thanks for your interest in my question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than other stock sites. My second-best stock site earns me less than half of what I earn here, with approximately the same pictures. However, my bestseller here is not my bestseller there. The number of sales is approximately the same.

I don't do this for a living, so I do not spend much time on publishing. So, my portfolio is small, and my pictures are not mainstream in demand.

-Did it take you a long time to make your AdobeStock presence productive?

Productive is relative… You need many assets in your portfolio. The more you have, the better are your chances. And Adobe has some excellent products with the stock interface integrated. That gives Adobe an advantage.

-Is it common to have copyright problems?

That needs to be specified. I do not see any, but I do not actively watch my pictures.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I give you all the reason but, it leaves me the concept of not being a mine to be exploited but a barn to be stored, It is sure that I mistake my expectations thinking of this as a business platform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that on other less saturated platforms you will find more output for a production and that there will be fewer examples to take into account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @PepeCastro

If you think that a different platform will get you better chances, forget it. You can make money if you do work for hire with some nice paying customers. This is the alternative.

If you want to see what sells: Don't do cats and dogs and flowers and sunrises. Do people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I give you all the reason but, it leaves me the concept of not being a mine to be exploited but a barn to be stored, It is sure that I mistake my expectations thinking of this as a business platform

By @PepeCastro

I can't make much with this, but if you expect to get rich, forget it, if you expect to make a decent living out of it, not at the beginning, but if you want to make an add-on to your photography (either as a profession or a hobby) , go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certain ABAMBO, that is the philosophy with which this platform has to be approached, it should not be seen as a mine where to do the work. If it is true that nothing more than to watch and learn from the mistakes of others, with that it is an excellent platform, it makes the mistakes of others its own and tries not to commit them in its own work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. For me, yes. Mainly this is due to the fact that I subscribe to Adobe Products. As a freuquent publisher I get bonus benefits.

2. That depends on how many photos I submit. The publish process is quick because all the work is done beforehand. Adobe is as fast or slow as most others.  

3. No. It is automatic when the first photo is accepted.

4. I dont have  any problems because the work is mine.

Just give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't quit your day job.  Nobody gets rich doing Stock Photography.  Stock is more of a side hustle for earning a little extra income from pictures you have on hand.

Success comes when you have developed a large enough portfolio of diverse subjects in a wide range of categories.  To earn USD $500/mo in passive income, it's estimated that you'll need 6,000 or more assets in your portfolio. 

https://shotkit.com/making-money-with-stock-photography/

Avoid submitting in fiercely competitive categories like sunsets, clouds, flowers, plants & pets.  Stock inventory has millions of those already.  Find unique subjects and people in real-life situations to photograph.

Promote your work on social media.  Also make use of your free Adobe Portfolio website to help further facilitate sales.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036296814-Selling-Adobe-Stock-on-Adobe-Portfolio

How much time you devote to Stock is your choice. 10 hours/week would be a good starting point.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea. You're absolutely right, thanks a lot for your advice, I appreciate it for what it's worth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines