• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Depth of field rejection

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is photography using depth of field usually not accepted?  This was rejected due to "image out of focus", where the background rings are that way by design.   Are macro images using 2.8 or less commonly rejected as well?   This one was 1.8image.jpeg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rejection isn't automatic; I suspect it has something to do with the subject matter. I've had nature shots with beautiful bokeh get denied, but this one of mine just got approved. Can't get much thinner DoF than this.Franklin Eyes.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The top of the subject in the forefront is not completely sharp. To see this it is necessary to zoom in at 100%. With more depth of field and targeting the center of the subject would include the top. Sometimes it means stepping a little away from the subject or zooming out a bit more. With a composition as this one having adequate depth of field to include at least two of the post in sharp view would have been more appealing, and that would ensure the main subject being in complete focus.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines