• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Don't have model release because it's drawn from imagination

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted an illustration with the face drawn from imagination, but I was asked for a model release. I resubmitted with a blank jpg titled "drawn from imagination" for the model release, but don't know what else I can do.

I draw people from imagination frequently—is there an official way to handle this?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Hi,

you have to add a property release with the upload, where you assure that you are the artist and owner of all rights. This is to ensure that no model/portrait photo was used as a template (here a model release would be necessary) and that the drawing was created by you and does not come from other sources.

You can find similar answers by typing "illustration property release" in the search box of the Contributer critic section.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you have to add a property release with the upload, where you assure that you are the artist and owner of all rights. This is to ensure that no model/portrait photo was used as a template (here a model release would be necessary) and that the drawing was created by you and does not come from other sources.

You can find similar answers by typing "illustration property release" in the search box of the Contributer critic section.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this part of the process could be so much more simple. Mabe, a one-step notification link sent to the contributor. Not a rejection but a next step needed and clear instructions that will instantly finish the accepting of the art. What's your thought on this v.poth. ? JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

generally you as contributor assure to be the owner of all rights with every upload, additionally you must submit this in writing and with signatures on paper with required model/property release.

The area of illustrations is not sufficiently explained here with regard to releases in the Adobe Guide and here should certainly be improved in order to clarify this and to avoid such misunderstandings in the future, I think.

The vendor received a request to deliver a release, but did not deliver it because he did not know how. He could have found out exactly what to do here, on the net, in the Adobe Forum...

In this respect, everything is the same as for any other picture provider. Why should purely digital image creators be subject to different rules and receive more information about rejection than other providers?

I think everyone who uploads pictures here is in a debt as far as the guaranteed commercial usability of these by an agency is concerned and must know what he uploads. I think it is a mistake the provider upload pictures to earn money with it and think the agency would have to point out all errors and violations of law with each uploaded picture and provide accordingly compelling assistance. In my opinion, it is too often forgotten where one actually works as a picture maker. Professional standards/rules apply and everyone should be aware of them when uploading images to an image agency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly how I feel. Adobe is our customer! However, if the confusion can be lessened for the contributor, why not give a clear single reason for rejection, rather than leave so many unanswered questions? Also, any program should be easy for any user.  Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

I don't think that an employer with a hiring of a professional presupposes that he must explain this his job and train him also still. We are not employees here, but suppliers of image material comparable to that of a freelancer. The agency is not a program that must be easy to use for every provider, but a database that sells professional images.  I think, although all agencies here strive to promote hobby offerers in the sense of the profit maximization, but no one can expect here as offerers the occupation of the photographer/illustrator to get obtained. Nobody can expect to be informed about all his mistakes in the picture and to expect exact instructions for their correction. Either I work professionally and know what I'm doing or I do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines