• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every single photo from batch upload rejected for "Technical Issues"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit disappointing to spend time keywording, captioning etc only to have EVERY SINGLE PHOTO of a set of 53 images rejected for technical issues.  I've attached a few samples - all shot with DJI Mavic 3.

Any ideas why they're all rejected?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Blurry, overexposed 

2. Also not sharply focused, and some blown highlights

3. Same here - a lot of overexposed areas

4. similarly, not sharply focused 

I didn't look at the rest. I would recommend uploading just 4-6 images at a time, then wait for results before uploading many similar images. In that way, you can learn what is acceptable and save yourself the time of titling and keywording images that are going to be rejected.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jill, I appreciate your input but I wonder how these photos are reviewed prior to being rejected?  Every single one of the images are pin sharp, I'm assuming the compression when posting to this community is what is causing you to call them blurry or not sharply focused.  On top of that, you can't really call the morning sun reflecting off the white hull of a ship "a lot of overexposed areas".  Of course it looks overexposed - it's brilliant white paint in the full sun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overexposed areas can easily be adjusted in Lightroom. I set the blacks and whites on virtually every image that I capture/edit. Did you do any editing on your images prior to upload?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jill_C  is right. The photos are not sharp. If you look at the photos at over 200% you can easily see this. Also, there are artifacts and noise which can be seen in the sky. The overexposed highlights refer to areas where details should be seen however, are not. Even a white painted surface has details. Expose for the bright areas then lighten up the shadows in post processing. Also, several of the photos are poorly cropped. Cutting through objects on the edges of the photo or object perspective is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jill, could you try downloading a few images instead of looking at them in the previewer and let me know about the sharpness?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I don't have time to do that right now - preparing to leave in an international trip....

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reviewed the first few photos and agree with @Jill_C about the technical issues being present.  Noise, over and under exposed areas, soft focus in spots.  There is also noticeable lens distortion in the ones I reviewed.

Make sure to zoom in to between 100% - 200%, that's where the technical flaws really show themselves.

They are interesting enough photos, but Adobe is looking for technically perfect photos.

I hope the next round gets accepted!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@George_F, it seems as though you're looking at the photos in the preview window and not looking at an original file.  Have a look at the attached image but instead of previewing click the download button and inspect the photo.  Tell me if it is unsharp, poorly exposed or noisy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CamTheSnapper  You are incorrect, I viewed these in Lightroom initially.  Here are some screenshots from the first four that I looked at, these are all zoomed in to 100% view which is recommended for detailed review before submitting.  There are in fact tecnical flaws in these and rightfully rejected.  I know rejections aren't fun and we've all had our fair share of them.  The camera of your drone presents some technical limitations that will be challenging to overcome, like being a fixed f/5 aperture.  Having photos accepted isn't impossible, but acknowledging those limitations and working around them will improve your acceptance rate.

Here is a resource that may help with understanding the technical criteria in case you haven't read it already: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

I sincerely wish you good luck!

2022-07-21 23_56_47-Window.jpg2022-07-21 23_57_33-Window.jpg2022-07-21 23_57_56-Window.jpg2022-07-21 23_58_12-Window.jpg

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CamTheSnapper,

How did you check these files before uploading? Did you zoom to between 100 and 200%?

When you zoom you will notice that the first file is out of focus and noisy. The highlights on the horizon could tone down a bit.

The second file is sharper, but also noisy  - both luminance and chromatic noise. The perspective of the building is not correct. That needed lens correction.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1658460733042.png

The same issues are common throughout all your files. I believe you used a drone to take these photos. While drones are designed to handle a little depth, depending on the height you take the photo from, you will not get sharp images because of the inability to adjust aperture for greater depth. Therefore, you'll find that some distant subjects will not be detailed enough for stock photography.

I suggest you read-up on the Adobe Contributor Guidelines and Seven tips to get your photos accepted. Also get further details on the requirement for stock photography and how you can achieve them. 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jacquelingphoto2017 How did I check the files before uploading?  I edited them in Lightroom like I've been doing for many years and at 100% they are sharp.  Yes, they're shot with a drone (DJI Mavic 3) and I have plenty of images in my Adobe stock account that are shot in exactly the same way with the same drone, or an earlier model.  Considering the drone photos that I already have in my account there must be another reason to explain EVERY single photo being rejected.  I've been shooting as a full-time pro photographer for 30 years and do have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing now.

http://www.cameronlaird.com   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For small sensors, depth of field is not so much of an issue, so even a small aperture of say f 5, (actually not so small depending on the lens), DOF comes into play. With larger sensors such as 'full frame' sensors, you can blur the background easier. With these drone shots, DOF is not an issue unless you want to intentionally blur the background - then it is! If you have let's APS-C crop sensor camera, the DOF is actually greater; it is much harder to blur the background with such sensor sizes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Well, I'm going to disagree with my fellow commentators. I've downloaded a few pics just really to check for sharpness, and I think they are sharp! They are not out of focus! This drone has a good camera - Hasselblad. Exposure is generally fine as well. You could make some adjustments with some images - highlights and shadows. Adobe is picky, but not ridiculously so! 

From my perspective, I think the main issue is with the sensor size - generally speaking. The problem occurs when enlarged as it could be when used for commercial purposes; if one wanted to crop a certain area, and made it bigger, due to the fact of the sensor size, in this camera's case 4/3 (mainly), problems can begin to occur. So, as they have been saved in JPEG format (I assume?) when enlarged you begin to see JPEG compression artifacts. This is what probably is giving an 'unfocused' look as pointed out by the others.

So, I think rather, they were rejected more to do with having artifacts than focus and exposure.

For video work, this is great. One doesn't zoom in with video production. But, with photography - it's a different story.

I would suggest taking photos with DNG - this drone supports it (if you haven't done it already). Make corrections using Lightroom (Classic), and then save as a JPEG file, rather than the camera saving directly to JPEG.

Smartphone cameras have the same problem due to the sensor size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines